• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 swainzy

swainzy

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3322 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

Came across and interview with Kim Krause Berg at Blizzard Marketing.

I enjoyed 6 Easy, but Powerful, Ways to Recharge Your Web Site’s Conversions which, in this case, is on a bed and breakfast webdesign & marketing site which I used in the mid 90's for my b&b. Coincidence. I came to Cre8 via Kim as I had hired her to check out my site's usability, back in 1997 or so.

There is some good advice here for improving your site. Allow me to quote a small portion of this interesting article:

Your website works for you because you made it for you and in all likelihood, whomever you hired to build it either built it per your specifications or tried to guide you on “best practices” and you refused to listen. Why?

Because you know what works for you. You already know where to go on your website to find the price for “purple handled thingabobs”. You know what you dislike and are convinced you have the better way. However, on the Internet, “better” takes on new meaning when you apply it to several million people from around the world. Do you really know how to sell to millions of people?

I think most of us lose a certain objectivity for our own sites. As Kim says - these 6 questions get you outside of your box.

Nice article Kim.

#2 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hi Donna!

I'd love to read the article. Something appears not to be working with the link. It's taking me to a 'bad request' page. I hope you can fix it so I can read. Sounds really interesting.
Miriam

#3 Respree

Respree

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5901 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

Here you go, Miriam.

*http://newsletter.blizzardinternet.com/6-ways-recharge-web-site%E2%80%99s-conversions/2008/09/03/*

cut and paste without asterisks.

Edited by Respree, 03 September 2008 - 06:56 PM.

#4 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13598 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

Thanks Donna!

I had fun writing it, but more importantly, if it cheers up or inspires even one site owner, I'll be happy. :)

Sphinners can sphinn it here.

6 Easy, but Powerful, Ways to Recharge Your Web Site’s Conversions for direct access to the article.

#5 swainzy

swainzy

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3322 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

Gee, sorry for the link goof but Kim, your link goes to the same bad request, weird.

Thanks Garrick! you're link works.

Kim, it does inspire, that's why I got all into it and posted here. :)

#6 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:05 AM

Kim,
That really was a wonderful article. Made sense every step of the way and really pared down the issues to the most important questions/goals.

Thanks for linking to that, Donna!
Miriam

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users