19 replies to this topic

#1 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:37 AM

Hi all,

I've designed my website with Full JavaScript Animation/Interaction and it's search engine friendly, can I have your suggestions or your impressions please ? :)

My website : -http://www.sebcreation.com

#2 FP_Guy

FP_Guy

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

VERY NICE!

It's hard to believe that flash wasn't involved.

It's too bad that you don't go to different pages. SEO wise anyways.

Michael

#3 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

I wanted to do it in AJAX, but it's much work (back navigation, direct link...) perhaps for the next version :)

#4 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1884 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:26 AM

That is impressive.

But it is very slow to load - not so sure people will want to wait so long for the new pages to appear.

#5 yannis

yannis

Sonic Boom Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1634 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

Excellent design and degrades well. It was very slow to load for me also. My guess is the main background images. These can be optimized a bit more (I guess looking at the size).

Did you use a library for the effects or is the js your own?

Yannis

#6 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

I will optimize speed, in fact the main background image are optimized, if it much optimized it's a bad quality.

I use a library for the effects : Mootools

#7 zed

zed

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hi, really gorgeous design! So vivid and I agree that a part of the impact is the excellent resolution of the images. I too had relatively long load times, sometimes it would be quite a few seconds before the loading bar would appear. This isnt really that big a deal if the user changing from one area of a site to another but sometimes it would be, nav animation, then black screen, then loading bar, then animation, just to pop up a small little text box. Kind of anti-climatic

They are beautiful backgrounds but one idea would be instead of having it change for every section of the site, have it contained in a user controlled style switcher so they could pick their backgrounds (and if they get a slow loading time.. they asked for it). Just a thought, I saw this done once with a WP theme and it was pretty cool.

Nice work!

Edited by zed, 15 October 2008 - 04:29 PM.

#8 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for your suggestions :)

#9 Jonesy

Jonesy

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

Won't even load in Google Chrome for me. In IE 7 it takes a while, then I've no idea what's going on? Lots of Javascript errors as well: "Invalid Argument" etc., the usual. Think you might have got a bit carried away with the old MooTools libraries.

Even if you can fix the JS errors I can't see how most people wouldn't leave after waiting and wondering what's going on? Sorry I can't be more positive, but I'll be interested to see how it develops.

#10 Jonesy

Jonesy

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

In FF it loads OK, but your backgrounds vary from 150K upwards. If you load them last rather that first you could at least increase the perception of speed and not lose a lot of your visitors early on. I still think that your using MooTools way too much for effects (it's another 30K+ at least and more if you're not using the compressed stuff), but that's just my opinion.

I'd concentrate on the speed issues and then track visitor interaction and keep a very close eye on your bounce rate and conversions over the next month.

Degrades as expected.

#11 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Wow! C'est vraiment incroyable! C'est magnifique.

Merci de partager.

Ca fonctionne pas avec Chrome (0.3.154.9) mais pas de problem avec Firefox.

Puis ...euh... j m'excuse pour mon francais :emo_gavel:

#12 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I've designed a new version of my website: http://www.sebcreation.com/en/

It's OK with Google Chrome now ;)

JS Rocks !

#13 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

Oooo! Pretty!

:-)

Is it faster?

#14 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4609 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

What AbleReach said :blowup:
My only wish would be that you did more with CSS3 and less with js but that is pure nitpicking.
Nice job, great atmosphere. :thumbs:
p.s. not bad client list ;-)

Recommend everyone checkout something just a little different via 'view source' :nanacomputer: :nanacomputer: :nanacomputer:
definitely worthy of a 3-banana webdev accolade!

One small x-browser note: I'm on a mac - looked at home page (and random two others) in Safari, Chrome, Opera and all seems fine. However, in FF the hover over top menu does not work properly: the white bg is increasingly too far to the left so that by the end is on the last half of 'labs' and first half of 'contact'.

One general query: the direction keys in the bottom right display but are non-functional in all browsers listed???

#15 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

@AbleReach
It's better. Before, the design was being different. There hasn't AJAX on the old version.

@iamlost
Thanks guy ! You like the NERD Marketing ? :)
Labs is an external link to a subdomain.
I'll check for the direction keys but it's functional in all browsers listed (normally).

#16 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

When I click on "Skills" and then on "Graphic design", it does nothing aside from adding anchor to the URL in the browser.

Maybe I shouldn't have clicked there, but a "hand" appeared and invited me to.

Win 7, Opera 10.62.

I confirm the arrow confusion that iamlost has mentioned.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 13 October 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#17 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

@A.N.Onym I've added the anchors for SEO you're not supposed to click, I'll corrected this point. Thanks. Very confused ? I think I'll add the labs directly on website.

#18 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

@A.N.Onym I put cursor:auto and I should have put cursor:default in "Skills", stupid mistake :) I changed that, I disable the click later, thanks.

#19 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

Well, I wanted to learn more about your graphic design, so I hovered on the list to find a link. So I guess there's no page about graphic design there, though it'd help to offer it to a curious visitor.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 15 October 2010 - 12:55 AM.

#20 seoplayer

seoplayer

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

Yes indeed, I corrected this now. Thanks. I'll probably remove it, Google doesn't want it :)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users