Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Should I Submit For Google Reconsideration If I Just Lost Pagerank?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:14 AM

One of my sites lost its pagerank (most likely because I was selling text links on the site).

I have redone many things on the website and don't sell text links anymore. should I submit for Google reconsideration?

I know Pagerank doesnt matter in ranking but advertisers still like it and that is my major income from the site

#2 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 3399 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

I know Pagerank doesnt matter in ranking

That's quite a strong statement you're making. Are you sure you mean that?

I'll leave the answer to your question to someone who knows more than me about the intricacies of it.

P

#3 JohnMu

JohnMu

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Hey mrgoodfox, sure - go for it. If you've changed something on your site so that it now complies with the guidelines that Google uses, feel free to submit a reconsideration request (it doesn't hurt to do it if you're not sure).

John

#4 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4567 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

<added as I type sloow>
JohnMu has such a cheerful Google outlook. :)

I still stand by my advice below.

Note: at the moment, based on your post, only TBPR is affected. In making a reinclusion request you are asking for a full manual/human review. If you are not pristine you run a considerable risk. Consider carefully.
</added>

should I submit for Google reconsideration?

On the basis of what you have said, no.

If your site isn't appearing in Google search results, or it's performing more poorly than it once did (and you believe that it does not violate our webmaster guidelines), you can ask Google to reconsider your site.

Requesting reconsideration of a site

Note that TBPR (toolbar PageRank) drop is not a reconsideration option. If your pages have generally suffered a major SERP collapse, then yes; but not otherwise.

Remember that TBPR is only updated a few times a year and you have no input/control whatsoever. All you can do is suffer and wait and hope. Or totally ignore it as do I. :)

I know Pagerank doesnt matter in ranking but advertisers still like it

TBPR (as opposed to internal unknowable PR) doesn't matter for anything.
Unless your advertisers are buying backlinks rather than ad space. And I would be very very quiet in public if that is the case.

If your SERP hasn't much changed but the TBPR has dropped then you are likely tagged as selling links. And that may never go away. In any case all you can do is clean up to Google's standards and stay that way...and wait. At a minimum I would not expect to see a TBPR change for several months.

#5 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:31 PM

thank you guys...

I have actually changed the website's direction to become attractive to actual visitors and not just the advertisers (hoping to put an e-commerce on the site soon)...

I have tried to comply with all Google's policies, but I am also afraid of what you said about being reviewed by a human might prove cruel...

So I'll just wait and hope for the best. (actually my SE rankings have improved during this same period).

#6 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3790 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the manual review. You've probably already had that. If you've gotten rid of the paid links or nofollowed them, and you are ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE you didn't miss any, file it. If you really got it all, then you'll get your pr back pretty quickly.

#7 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

its so hard when using the word ABSOLUTELY.

I've got rid of all the paid links, but I'll probably post the website in the website hospital today to get it reviewed by you guys for something that I might have missed.

Thanks

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users