• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13553 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Today it's my sad duty to announce to the Cre8tive Community that long-time member, moderator, Site Administrator and Project Manager, Garrick aka "Respree", is leaving to move on to a new career.

Garrick was my rock of stability. He understood my goofiness and never held it against me. His calm guidance kept the place organized and gave it class. So much so that I gave him the title of "Project Manager", which he earned by keeping me sane during some of our growth projects.

He offered thoughtful direction for these forums and guided with humor. I deeply appreciated Garrick's volunteerism here and I'll bel forever grateful he come here, joined and helped the forums grow up.

May you have success and joy in your new job. :applause: :applause: :applause:

#2 swainzy

swainzy

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3318 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

Darnit Garrick! :) I'm going to miss you. I am sad you are leaving but happy for your future.
You were here a long while and made this place better for it. Your website hosptial reviews were fabulous. You really contributed so much here. I esp. enjoyed your sense of humor and quick wit. :)

May your future be bright and happy and may only good things come to you. Please come back and visit us as often as you can.

Thanks for all you have done to make this forum the great place it is.
:flowers:
Donna :cry:

#3 Guest_joedolson_*

Guest_joedolson_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

Oh, man. That's a landmark occasion!

Garrick - I hope you'll have a great new career, and I hope you'll stop by from time to time to let us know how it's going!

#4 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

Garrick, thank you for your dedication to the forum and its community. Your years of input behind the scenes and in front has greatly contributed to the success of the place. Not only that, it's resulted in an impressive body of posts; extremely valuable content.

Thanks again!

#5 Wit

Wit

Sonic Boom Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1599 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

Umm Respree: what are you gonna do then? No one has told us laypeople yet.

PS: ... and yes swainzy, people know me for my "quick garrick".

#6 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9011 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

It's great that you're going on to new opportunities but sad that we won't see you so much here. You were the rock, Garrick, on which the Website Hospital was built and it's success is in great measure due to your efforts.

All best wishes for the future and make sure you stop by from time to time.

:applause:

#7 lee.n3o

lee.n3o

Cre8asite Tech News Reporter

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1556 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:10 PM

Wow... Good luck old chum... One of the old school'ers :)

#8 Jem

Jem

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

Best of luck for the future Garrick, and thank you for all you've done :)

#9 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2905 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

Garrick - wow - major newsworthy item!

You were such a help and supportive chappie to me when I first arrived on the scene here at Cre8asite. Your Tips On Getting A Better Website Review was just one of the examples of the incredible useful, constructive and informative things you did around here.

And your posts/threads in the Website Hospital were pretty good as well :) - you were so incredibly helpful in my first effort here p.s. the website isn't "there" anymore!

I know how hard it is to "pull away" from here, cos it's such a nice place to hang out, but I know how the "offline" world can come "a callin'".

Good luck with future plans Garrick! Here's a dancing banana to take with you.... :)

#10 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4621 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

Thank you, Garrick, for your support and wisdom.

Don't be a stranger.
Be like send2paul...
stop every now and then to throw us a banana...
or your stock in trade thoughtful analysis.
:wave:

#11 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:15 AM

Thank you for your great support on the forums, Garrick. I've always marveled at your ability to remain reasonable in heated discussions :)

#12 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 3399 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:38 AM

Garrick, I wish you all the best in your new career. As ever, onwards and upwards just like the trajectory you helped chart for Cre8. Thank you for all your work here, you advice and support, and thank you, from me personally, for all the help and advice you've given me over the years.

Please don't be a stranger and do stop by here when you get a moment.

Pierre

#13 phaithful

phaithful

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

Awww what?! I loved reading all your unbiased common sense approaches to problems. We'll definitely miss you around here. Don't be a stranger.

Good luck on your new adventures!

#14 Respree

Respree

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5901 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

Dear Friends:

My many thanks for all your kind words and good wishes.

I will definitely pop in from time to time, if nothing else, just to say hi. I feel honored and privileged to have been associated with such a fine group of professionals over the years. I've learned so much for all of you and hope that, in some small way, I have returned the favor.

Two days ago, I started a limited engagement consulting arrangement that has taken me back into the corporate world I retired from nine years ago. I'll be serving as a senior financial executive for a small public company. Although I lost my passion for doing this type of work many years ago, I don't mind doing it for a limited time. The money is good, but the LA traffic is a bear (spend 2 1/2 hours on the road today communiting only 20 miles). I wish the money were better though (enough to buy a helicopter so I don't have to be in the car so much), but we all have to make sacrifices. Its quite a contrast to my Internet life where I could walk 20 steps from my bedroom to my home office and be working. I also don't like putting on a suit everyday compared to being able to work in my boxer shorts at home (I know...too much information :D ).

As many of you may know, I closed my online store earlier this year, after being in operation for nine years. I was taking a badly needed break from the action, when this opportunity presented itself. Its okay for now, but I think eventually I will go back to working for myself. Perhaps when this gig is over.

Anyway, that's my update. I'm sure you'll see me around in the future.

Many thanks, once again.

Aloha,

Garrick

#15 JohnMu

JohnMu

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hi Garrick

It's great to see you so busy and I look forward to hearing more about your experiences in the corporate life as time goes on! Thank you so much for your countless pieces of wisdom here in the forum! See you around when you have time :(

John

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users