• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13365 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

It's a beautiful time of year, no matter where you are or what you believe in.

I love the re-birth signs in nature. It gives me hope that I can do better and "Come Back" from whatever "dead" parts are holding me back.

I wish you all could know how much your presence here is appreciated.

:emo11:

:flowers:

#2 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Admin - Top Level
  • 4458 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

Here on the wet coast we've had several frosty nights but tee-shirt days so the daffodils are blooming and the trees are budding or flowering. Spring is definitely sprung. :)

My son is fifteen but still demands an Easter egg hunt. So I'm building a hunt map and hints for the weekend. Each year it gets harder as so many places have been 'used'. It starts with an empty basket containing a 'hint' which sends him off to locate a treat and another hint. My goal is make the hunt last past an hour. Goals are important. :)

:emo11: :flowers: :emo11: :flowers: :emo11:

#3 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

Best wishes to all people of all faiths with a deep love of ancestors and Earth!

Nice logo, Risa.
Miriam

#4 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Admin - Top Level
  • 8995 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

Happy times and good wishes to all at this festive time. Great logo, Risa.

.. I misread what iamlost had written since I had a spot on my glasses and thought he ended up with

Goats are important.

That seemed a great idea and I could quite understand why the egg hunt might last over an hour. I wonder if you can get chocolate goats for Easter. Do you then eat the horns first. The mind boggles at the possibilities.

#5 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2903 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Barry...lol... I think goats are important too! :) But I sense the spot on your glasses might also have been obscured by reading your monitor through the bottom of a pint glass! For you: The Chocolate Goat

And from a purely non-religious point of view.... I'm sure some of us, (at least in the UK), are glad for the extra break from work due to the Bank Holidays tomorrow and Monday - hurrah! :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana:

#6 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

There are tons and tons of goats where I live. Really - tons. And people put a llama in amongst them to scare off coyotes and mountain lions. But, the other day, I saw something totally different. Rather than a llama guarding the goats, there was a wooly bactrian camel (two humps). My eyes couldn't take it in at first. So, goats are important, Barry, but camels are unexpected.

#7 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Admin - Top Level
  • 4458 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

While I have goals so I don't simply read my life away :) a neighbour does have goats that like to stand on his fence and eat on either side. They rarely come to visit unfortunately.

A wooly bactrian camel...strange but there are no camels on the island...sheep, goats, llamas, cows, pigs, emus, chickens, ostriches, horses...but no camels of either hump. We do have one female cougar with two offspring and one black bear...yes we count our wildlife, including annual bird counts and flower counts...

The past week has seen an incredible amount of herring roe left high and dry by the tides and literally thousands of gulls and hundreds of crows feeding all along the shore. Talk about noise...

Speaking further of the season - saw my first fawn of the year yesterday on the way into town and this morning the car was coated with pollen. Fertility rampant and life reborn. Spring...

#8 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Admin - Top Level
  • 8995 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

If you want to watch something intriguing, there were two bald eaglets born during the night in Sydney, British Columbia. You can see them via this live-cam:

http://www.hancockwi...090302200021473

#9 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

Hooray for Bald Eagles!!!

Strangely, bald eagles have been sighted in my region of the world over the past few years, where they have seldom been known to occur. Likely they are just passing through. We do get golden eagles here, but I have never seen a bald eagle in person. Amazing creatures.

Iamlost - we, too, are participating in the car pollen phenomenon, due to parking under pine trees.

Our squash and peas, spinach and lettuces are all up on the farm. :kicking: Today we may plant cucumbers. Pickles-to-be.

Edited by SEOigloo, 12 April 2009 - 02:08 PM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users