Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Have You Met The Goose That Lays Golden Links?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4629 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

Dear SuperDazzlinDonna:

Re your Science for SEO article Using the Science of Social Proof in SEO.

Darn it, Miss Donna, you are sharing the goose that lays the golden links. Why not keep quiet and let those of us who actually read books have an advantage?

Consider yourself whipped with a cold wet clammy noodle.

If you want someone to link to your site, tell them that others very similar to themselves linked to it.

Sigh.
Have you ever noticed how elegant and simple and retrospectively obvious a solution often is?
Enjoy, folks.

#2 Walter

Walter

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

Great Article Donna, I'll have to see if I can't find some of Cialdini s books, thanks for the link IamLost

Walter

#3 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3821 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Oops, sorry for sharing the big secret, iamlost. So much of what we do comes down to things that are so blindingly simple, so incredibly basic, that half the folks out there just never even consider it.

Some of what needs doing is common sense.

Some of what needs doing is logic.

Some of what needs doing is playing to people's tendencies.

Most of what needs doing isn't hard, isn't technical, and isn't secret.

But who knows? Maybe that fact alone makes it hard, technical and secret. :infinite-banana:

#4 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4629 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

Most of what needs doing isn't hard, isn't technical, and isn't secret.

I agree.
Actually I am surprised I haven't read it 'outed' before now, as it certainly is not a new idea - if it has been I missed it and the lack of being in all the 'top linking secrets' posts means that it at least remained private if not secret.

Every time I read those type of articles or the frantic 'impossible to get good links' fora posts over the past several years (its 2009 isn't it, golly where has the time gone) make that almost a decade I have smiled and shaken my head and harvested them socially, continual bumper link crops, day in and day out.

It will be interesting to see if it gets added to the popular linkbuilding suggestions or continues to be largely overlooked.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users