5 replies to this topic

#1 krav

krav

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

Hi there,

I have a strange problem with a drop down list of my nav bar not showing up properly in Firefox.

It's a bit of a weird problem as it used to work before the site was migrated to another server and it still displays correctly in IE.

I'm using a component called 'ultimate drop down' and has worked before for quite a while.

I've looked through the code quite a few times already and I'm getting a bit crazy with it now :cower:

The nav bar is live on www.bikingroads.com

Thanks for any help.

David

#2 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1884 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

The site is hanging badly. It's taking ages to load so that could be one of your problems. And the dropdowns aren't working for me in IE - I see the nav bar but nothing is happening.

Try replacing the nav bar style with 'son of suckerfish'. It's much simpler to use.

#3 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13522 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

I got it work in IE6.0 but not until the whole page loads and that takes way too long.

Absolutely doesn't render in FF.

Aside from a load of usability issues, it's heavy on the bandwidth and hard to read.

#4 krav

krav

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

Ok, thanks for the feedback, let me look into those options.

Many Thanks,

Krav

#5 krav

krav

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:49 AM

Just thought I'd revive my old thread :)

The Son of Suckerfish nav bar displays well in Firefox ( www.BestBikingRoads.com ), but the horizontal dimensions are not really working somehow in IE and the child list displays slightly below where it should be making it very difficult to navigate across the lists without them disappearing.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Any tips appreciated.

David

#6 tam

tam

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2042 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

Possibly something related to padding if it's very slightly off in IE? Have you tried the unedited code on a page of it's own to make sure none of your other code is interacting badly.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users