21 replies to this topic

#1 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:22 AM

Hello Friends,

Being an amateur it would be great to know your professional opinion regarding my banner, colors, pics and lay out in common. Any suggestions and corrections are so welcomed.

WIth gratitude,

Michael.

#2 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3400 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:29 AM

URL?

#3 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:20 AM

So sorry, friends! My Url www.christian-healing-prayer.net

Thanks for your support.

Michael.

#4 Walter

Walter

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

Michael,

I'm not a professional, but as a general user I have a few comments. I basically like the picture. I think, given the theme of the site, it might be better if there weren't any boats in it, or if there was it was a sailing boat with a full sail. When I look a little closer, I'm not sure the cut off horizon works very well. The color of the type dosen't seem to work with the colors in the pic. Might want to choose a more interesting font, change the color and offset it a little to the left. Watch for other comments and see how far off the mark I am.

Walter

Edited by Walter, 26 June 2009 - 07:59 AM.

#5 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hello Walter,

Soo appreciate your comments. Just clarify please "the cut off horizon works not very well". As I understood also you talk of the font and color of the text of the Banner? What color you would recommend?
Thank you kindly.

Michael.

#6 Walter

Walter

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Michael,

On the issue with the horizon on the photo, it looks cutoff, but not in a good way too me. Maybe its just me, wait and see if anyone else notices. Color Text in the banner, on this one I'm pretty confident, you need more contrast between the colors in the picture and the text. Maybe even white and I would offset it to the left, not in the center, maybe a little more interesting font would be a good idea too.

Walter,

#7 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:20 AM

Thanks Walter, so much.

#8 Black_Phoenix

Black_Phoenix

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1269 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

Hi I think the top banner also needs more contrast (not really a fan of the sea image) I would try the text in white with a subtle dropshadow, also put it on the left or exactly in the middle, its just floating about at the moment.

The text bits look fine nice and readable, I'd look to see if you can get a better piece of clipart, the dove one you are using looks poor quality and I think this reflects on the page.

I just think the images need tweeking a bit, if they looks good they will reflect that to the page.

Hope that helps
Dave

#9 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hi Dave,

It was so helpful to have your professional comments. I will definitely change my banner as you both advise me and put the writing in a better font when I learn a bit more how to implement them. Also I will change perhaps a few cliparts and ask you for a review again if you do not mind. Thank you warmly.

Michael.

#10 Black_Phoenix

Black_Phoenix

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1269 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi Michael, I dont mind at all, as I said I think the general layout looks fine the page just needs tiny tweeks to get it looking all singing all dancing...

Can you put the sea image on your server and post the url to where it is, I should have time in the next day or so to dummy up a version of how I think it should look.

As for the clipart...

try Istock white cheap with lots of cool stuff on there

here's a link

Doves on Istock

hope that inspires :)

cheers
Dave

#11 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

Hello Dave,

I like your humor so much and thank you kindly for your sincere offer to show me how to use the power of knowledge to the amateur. I really appreciate your kindness and I would be delightful to learn from you if possible. The address is http://www.christian...s/banner_bg.jpg Perhaps in the end I'll change this banner with more contrasted one.

With much gratitude,

Cheers,

Michael.

I forgot to thank you for all peace that you are trying to bring with all those doves. May I copy one or two to my page?

Warmly,
Michael.

#12 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1886 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

You will have to buy the images from istock - if you try using them for free you may get a hefty fine.

What message is the logo providing? What is the relationship betwen the christian prayer and the sea?

#13 Black_Phoenix

Black_Phoenix

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1269 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image

Just had a quick play using #2315237 from Istock and some other images I created and a sky photo I took.

As fisicx quite rightly says, you do need to buy the images from Istock (but they are very affordable)

What I've done is quite simple, but should give you a rough idea of what sort of thing I was thinking of, maybe its a bit light in colour, but I think it gets over the floaty prayer theme :)

Font used is MS reference (PC font comes with the machine)

cheers
Dave

#14 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hello friends,

I really appreciate your answers regarding Istock images and though images are good I do not like their brand on it at all. Perhaps some of my images will do the same work. The see and the healing logically have nothing in common but it seems to to take a relaxed look at peaceful landscape sometimes hes its a healing effect itself.

Dave, I really appreciate what you did showing me about how a banner should look. Yes message is coming through clearly and perhaps I do use your made frame and font if you do not mind changing colors and images on it?

Thank you kindly for your work and when I be ready I would ask your review kindly if you do not have something else to add?

With much gratitude and joy,

Michael.

#15 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

Michael, once you buy the right to use the image at a place like Istock, you get access to an image without a watermark. ;-)

We're here to share information, to help you think about ideas and help each other learn - we grow that way, too. Generally, you get to do the work yourself, or contract it out somewhere else.

However, if you need support while you're learning how to do the work, there is some very helpful talent in our forums. :spambuster:

Edited by AbleReach, 30 June 2009 - 12:59 AM.

#16 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

Hi AbleReach,

I really enjoy your forum meeting professionals in your field and learning something new for myself. Thanks all for sharing your very useful knowledge in this world of IT and so on. I appreciate your friendship greatly.

So warmly,

Michael.

#17 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:55 AM

Hello Dave and everyone,

From your permission I'm asking you or anybody to give me an idea how is my banner look like after some changes regarding font and color of text and adding some layers of images and their color. Also perhaps the mirror of the text is so busy and better not to do it at all?

Thank you for your help and time.

Looking forward to hearing from you very soon,

Michael.

#18 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

Sorry friends the lonk to my Banner is www.christian-healing-prayer.net/images/Header.jpg

Thank you.

#19 Black_Phoenix

Black_Phoenix

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1269 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hi Michael looks better than the other one, but could still look much more clean, I think its the text (not a fan of that colour) think you should try some variations of colours. What program are you using to make it?

http://www.gimp.org

they have a quite good free art package, might be of interest...

cheers
Dave

#20 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hi Dave,
So appreciate your always timely and intelligent replies. They are so precious to me to learn a bit in Graphic.
I am using Paint Shop and I've just changed on a white color as you've suggested earlier. Please have some suggestions and correct me please. Now I've saved my image as .pspimage file in order to correct it

www.christian-healing-prayer.net/images/Header1.pspimage

Cheers,

Michael.

#21 michaelblit

michaelblit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:18 AM

Hello friends,

Please check my latest banner www.christian-healing-prayer.net/images/Header1.pspimage

Thank you all.

Michael.

#22 Black_Phoenix

Black_Phoenix

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1269 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

Hi I dont have paintshop pro on this machine :(

D

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic