3 replies to this topic

#1 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4645 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

A little something to consider:
On Saturday, Google Operating System noted a new 'Prices from the page' sidebar search option: Google's Special Snippets for Price Comparison Sites.

The article restricts itself to mentioning price comparison sites BUT, at least for now, all sites including info and/or affiliate sites can get in on the action - depending on niche and competition.

Actual prices, i.e. $1.95, whether attached to a product, an image, a casual content mention, a coupon, etc. currently get highlighted.

Note: choosing the price option resorts the query results. :)
Note: currently the results do not appear sorted by price point.
Note: there are some interesting quirks/possibilities you can find out (or not) for yourself. :cheers:

#2 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

I think it's interesting that Google is changing from a search engine to a search service; the place where you do things versus a place where you search for things.

I wonder when I'll be able to play Centipede via Google's Search Labs :-)

#3 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

Too bad they don't turn product names into affiliate links used to link to the store :D

I wonder if using the price range search operator ("shoes $50..$100") works there (would rock!).

I have to admit, iamlost, that I'm pretty dumb. Can you hint at other "quirks/possibilities" that you see from such an addition to G search? thanks.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 11 August 2009 - 11:21 PM.

#4 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4645 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

Can you hint at other "quirks/possibilities" that you see from such an addition to G search? thanks.

Three problems with answering in detail: (1) I am still testing; (2) Google often adjusts new features; (3) competitive advantage requires silence.

About as far as I will go at this time is to say that as I operate info sites - prices are not typical content - where/how Google is pulling/associating prices and pages is very interesting.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users