Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Howdy Usa! Do You Have A Term For "a Man With A Van"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4410 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:06 AM

Last night I built my bro a little website to help boost his latest business enterprise - http://essexmanwithavan.co.uk/

Now I am thinking of writing a "Man With a Van" fitness article, obviously with a link top my bro's site. Average Joe's fitness etc. But as my main market is America, so need to ensure that readers are not completely lost. Do you have a different phrase for "a man with a van"? Joe with a tow? Chuck with a truck?

For those who do not even know what I am talking about, a man with a van is simple a chap that owns a van (like a transit) and does odd jobs, deliveries etc.

Cheers

Jon.

#2 Grumpus

Grumpus

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6307 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:10 AM

That's not a term that registered anything with me. Once I hit the site though, we do have a moving company here in the U.S. that was started by college students called "2 Guys And A Truck". That's a brand name though - and it's also not really the same thing.

Once I know what you do, though, the "Man with a Van" makes perfect sense. If I was searching for that site, I would probably use a term like "Household Hauling" (for the leaves and such) or "Large Item Courier Service" for most of the rest.

I'm not sure what I'd use in an article. "Man with a Van Couriers" would probably do it in the shortest amount of time.

G.

#3 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3821 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Why is your main market, America? When your brother is in Essex?

In any case, I don't think we have a specific term for that business, so tacking on phrases like "odd jobs" and "hauling" would be appropriate to clarify.

#4 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2569 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

I'd craigslist it and see the terms that come up.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users