Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

You Like To Write? So Can I Call You A Nerd?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Lyrafire

Lyrafire

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

After grad school, I never really thought about the issue of whether or not I'd die if I couldn't write. I just wrote, taught writing, and sent my work out, so I was steeped in it. That said, I've had a pretty rough time of it in the past five years, and I haven't written as much as I used to. Though I had good reason to be feeling depressed, it has definitely crossed my mind that by not writing (and sending my work out), I've shelved my core--not a good thing. I recently re-read a piece a of fiction I started more than a year ago. I hadn't taken it too seriously, because I started it on a lark, just to see if I could develop a piece of fantasy fiction. Lo and behold, I discovered it's good. So as soon as I'm more settled in my e-entrepreneur life, I plan to pick it up again. Maybe even serialize it online, which would be fun.

Dickens serialized his work in the newspaper. I'd love to tie creative writing in with entrepreneurship and develop a model to make it work. Normally, for online work, I do informative pieces--not at all the same thing.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users