10 replies to this topic

#1 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4432 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

Madness. Grrrr. Need to let off steam.

In Oct 2008 I wrote an article about eggs. The other day after seeing that it got no hits from the SE's I decided to publish is on exinearticles.com. Today I get an email telling me they have suspended my account because I have copied someone else. The article they reference was published in April 2009, and does not come up when running my article through copyscape, and non of my paragraphs are even the same. They are different articles about eggs. But yet ezine call my a plagiarist and suspend my account.

Sent them an email, but it sounds so fishy. Has anyone had problems with ezine doing this before? Or do they really think I copied an article that was written 4 months after I originally published mine?

#2 Walter

Walter

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

Hey Jonbey,

I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but for me at least, there is a vast difference between plagiarism and copyright enfringement. In the way that I view the terms it would be possible to plagiarize without violating copyright and violate copyright without plagiarizing. Which exactly did they accuse you of?

Walter

#3 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4432 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

Well, they referred me to the rule that states:

"MUST NOT BE AN ARTICLE YOU RIPPED-OFF FROM THE PUBLIC DOMAIN"

So whether that is copyright theft of plagiarism, I do not know. But I do know that it was all my own work, done 4 months before the article they accuse me of actually nicking was published.

One part of me thinks "simple human error in checking for keywords". Another part thinks "dodgy editor with an agenda" (i.e. keeping competition out!).

Lets see what (and if) they respond with.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5497 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

That would really bother me... but I'd quickly get a new account and go about my biz.

#5 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

I don't know why they'd do it. I mean, I do get that they strive for uniqueness (all the while offering others to copy your article for free :) ), but why bother an author of a unique article?

If they automated it, the articles wouldn't seem identical.

If it's a manual review or a report from the other article owner, then it's another thing, but still fishy.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 19 December 2009 - 01:13 AM.

#6 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2618 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:25 AM

Contest it and ask them for clarity.

"Today I get an email telling me they have suspended my account because I have copied someone else. The article they reference was published in April 2009, and does not come up when running my article through copyscape, and non of my paragraphs are even the same."

Could be that the person who's article they copied (from you) claimed it was their original work first.

I'd be interested to know how you get on.

#7 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4432 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:21 AM

Update - ezinearticles.com are ignoring my emails.

#8 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

Well, you get what you pay for =)

Remove that article from Google through DMCA and repost it on your site (or guest post it somewhere)?

Edited by A.N.Onym, 21 December 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#9 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4432 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hmmm, so, any recommendations for a better more professional, paid article distribution service?

#10 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

That's usually paid advice, but what the heck :infinite-banana:

thephantomwriters.com
contentcrooner.com
submityourarticle.com
isnare.com

Posted in the order of quality (so far).

There's a service, duplicate of contentcrooner, somewhere, because they are parts of the now extinct articlemarketer.com. But I was recommended contentcrooner.com by the owner of thephantomwriters.

That being said, I'd imagine guest blogging to be as or more effective. Doesn't mean I don't use article distribution yet, though (but plan to switch to guest blogging and linkbait exclusively).

#11 james121

james121

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

Sorry that happened to you. I know EZA probably doesn't want to feel "used" by IMers, but I would think they'd be a little happy about some keyword usage (like Associated Content) because it helps them with SE rankings.

Do your other articles continue to appear on their site? If so you'd still have the potential to be making hundreds off them every month (if using bum marketing or something similar).

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users