• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

I am looking to see how I can make this site better. http://preforeclosuretours.com/

#2 DCrx

DCrx

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1283 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

As far as usability is concerned it is not too bad. However, I'm none too fond of the cascading-cascading-cascading menus. It's a kludge used as a junk drawer.

And, while people may make their initial choice on region, you're missing every other criterion of selection. It seems like, in order to find a house you might like, you'd have to just keep watching video after video.

First off, I would suggest you develop a user persona and a scenario to walk through.

Then you may find that usability isn't enough. A plot of land with a building on it isn't enough. And aside from being incidental, video content is going to matter.

Essentially, the problem is this is a generic layout repurposed for real estate.

People want context. Location relative to quality schools, health care, shopping and recreation is essential context which goes missing on the vast majority of real estate sites. Yet these factor into the decision to buy.

Finally, the top page at least should have benefit rich copy. Don't just claim banks will accept your offer, make the unsubstantiated claim meaningful with a percentage based on results. Have customer testimonials stating that, after they had no luck elsewhere, your site got them their ideal home.

"You would assume with less competition you will also get a better value on a preforeclosure or short sale home" is just plain written poorly from a copy standpoint. You're actually saying you don't want to even make a claim for fear of not being able to perform.

You seem to offer a lot of unproven, untested assumptions you haven't actually proven. You want to prove them, improve your results, then make a sound, credible assertion with a percentage -- not an unfounded claim.

This isn't the economy for CYA "well, I suppose you could, conceivably find your dream home." If you're that unsure, you'd better start doing some research and rack up some real numbers -- then make the claims sound credible.

Edited by DCrx, 18 January 2010 - 07:58 AM.

#3 SEOplanNOW

SEOplanNOW

New To Community

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

I used the site and was disappointed. When I choose Arizona, Prescott , I was shown a contact form. I expected to see listings from Prescott.

Have you seen the Google maps section on real estate foreclosures? Its fascinating.
If you could incorporate that in your website it would be very attractive.

#4 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

Thank you- I will check back soon as I make these adjustments. Can you tell me more about Google maps section on real estate foreclosures? How would I be able to use this on the site. Also, there is no inventory yet. I am just starting the site :-)

#5 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

How would I fix this? And, while people may make their initial choice on region, you're missing every other criterion of selection. It seems like, in order to find a house you might like, you'd have to just keep watching video after video. The site is suppose to be a video site. I am open to ideas. I am open for ideas. I do not want to just build something. I want to build something that will benefit all of us.

#6 pixelbob

pixelbob

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

I found some links that might help you http://maps.google.c...ovider_faq.html

http://www.google.co.../earth_pro.html

#7 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:34 AM

Moved the topic to the Website Hospital, since that's where you can ask specific questions about a website and get help.

I said specific questions, because if you ask specific questions and mention
- what troubles you about your website
- which goals you are trying to achieve
- any other matters that you had in mind, such as usability, in this case
then you'll get much more specific and actionable, usable answers.

You also might want to read the sticky posts to get more familiar with the website hospital and to get a better review.

Of course, no question asked is dumb:
http://www.cre8asite...hp?showtopic=44

Edited by A.N.Onym, 07 September 2010 - 03:44 AM.

#8 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

I have to agree with DCrx: a few user personas would do wonders to a site.

Pixelbob, maybe you'd clarify to us how sansonj72 should use the Google Earth Pro service?

Some of us are not web developers, so any general technical info will be greatly appreciated.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users