• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13598 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:34 PM

And in yet another twist, Google is beta testing, in Norway and countries north, its own SEO services.

Google Offering SEO Services

In their announcement Google say they will take suggestions for websites until February 22nd, and thereafter they will do analyses and give advice to four webmasters. "Human Webmaster Tools" kinda?

Even though Google donīt say that these are SEO services (they donīt mention the word "SEO" in the blog post), they do say that their advice could make the sites better suited for search engines

So. Google is now an SEO company's competitor. :emo3:

See also: Johnon: Google Validates SEO Consulting

#2 Guest_joedolson_*

Guest_joedolson_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hmmm. Honestly, this isn't how I read this from the press release. It looks to me more like a PR action; get a bunch of webmasters submitting sites, offer a few suggestions, look good to the average public.

"Thereafter" implies continuing services; which the press release also doesn't actually say: each page will receive a one-page blog post offering advice.

It's a huge PR stunt, since if one of the prizes is a contextual link from a Google property everybody is likely to want to be considered.

I can see the argument -- that Google offering any kind of personal advice at all is in direct competition with SEO service providers -- but I don't think that there's any realistic likelihood that this will go beyond a few people with a one-time review. More than anything, there looking to help promote their internal view of what should be done to promote a website.

#3 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13598 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

Twitter is all buzzin' on the news :) Any hint of a conflict of interest is going to pounced on.

#4 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

Eh, what a catchy headline.

Do remember they sold off the SEO part of DoubleClick, though.

The post merely states that they'll review the sites. I'd shouldn't expect any secrets from Google: basic SEO stuff, really.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 12 February 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#5 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13598 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Clearly this was an example of a wisp of an topic written about and a piece taken out of context by those looking for conspiracy theories in every nook and cranny of the universe. Twitter fueled the fire. I went on Twitter, looking for someone with facts, and there was no response.

SEO Consulting via Google

witter went wild today on rumors that Google decided to actually begin offering SEO consulting services. There’s even a couple articles out that make this ridiculously dumb claim in their titles, and yet it’s all due to a post on a Norwegian AdWords blog, which does NOT say that Google is getting into the business of SEO Consulting, nor as one article claimed, getting into the business of Validating SEO work.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users