joer80

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

http://www.texarkana...sentence-70.php

or

http://joeyregan.com...ife-sentence-2/

(Mainly look at the background, colors, and navigation. Ads will come over.)

Thanks!

Edited by joer80, 21 June 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13638 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

The first one looks more "newsy" and the left sidebar is more usable there. I like that layout :)

#3 Walter

Walter

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 607 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

Hello Joe,

I also like the first one better. I would take a look at how you work with captions though, the caption under your photo isn't seperated enough from the main content flow. Its a little visual confusing.

I'd also take a look at an article on A List Apart:

http://www.alistapar...ingtypeontheweb

I think your site could benefit from a nice grid system for the type, (At least a consitent vertical rythm in each main div area), and maybe a little tweaking of the leading.

Nice Site,

Walter

P.S. Sometimes Using a Serif Font in the H tags when you use a san-serif font in the body copy looks nice. You might want to give that some thought too.

Edited by Walter, 21 June 2010 - 06:46 PM.

#4 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4431 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, I agree. You want that extra sidebar. Narrow content means longer articles, means more ad space shown to the reader. Looks better too I think, keeps the content from falling sideways.

#5 carlos gallardo

carlos gallardo

New To Community

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Definitely the first one, i agree with cre8pc, the first page looks more attractive for people and the sidebar gives more usability

#6 RisaBB

RisaBB

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1437 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

I like the second one better. I think the gray gradient background is wishy-washy. I DO like the content area of the first one better with the 3 columns, but I do not like the black/gray gradient of the horizontal search bar area of the first one. I'm not crazy about the 2nd background, but what I do like is the contrast. Maybe if you took design one and gave it the black bar of design 2, plus a black or dark gray solid background, that might work.

In design 1, I like that background of the logo, but I'd try less opacity so that building scene is not so faded.

Risa

#7 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Judging from previous comments, I was ready to see a more interesting look in #2 and a better user interface in #1, but #2 returns a 404. Am I missing something, or is it gone?

#8 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13638 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

Looks #2 was pulled from view :)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users