6 replies to this topic

#1 Jged

Jged

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

I have not been SE optimising websites for quite some time through one reason or another and recognise the need to get back on the ball and push all my sites. I had some reasonable success with some of the sites that I used to optimise in the past, but since then SEO I believe should now incorporate social networking sites as part of one's SEO strategy.

The question is: Where do I start and what exactly is known to be effective to help my sites gain good positions in the search engines? Are there any good websites/books out there that I could consult to help me for instance?

Any help appreciated,
Jged

#2 Michael_Martinez

Michael_Martinez

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1354 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

The same basic stuff still works today as ten years ago. Start with keyword research, publish content, build some relevant links, track your analytics, and make adjustments on the basis of what you see.

Don't overdo anything.

Be as useful to visitors and strangers as possible.

And link out liberally to sites you don't control to show that you are part of the Web and not just trying to suck value out of it.

#3 Jged

Jged

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:00 AM

Thanks for your reply.

The company I work for has about 15 auto franchisees operating in all over the uk, mainly in cities such as Aberdeen, Glasgow, Liverpool etc. I am still trying to get my head around all the social network websites.

Would it benefit more if I set up 1 main account say on Facebook and link to all the franchisees (if this is possible as each has their own website) or to get all the 15 guys to set up their own profiles? Could this in turn be done for Twitter etc? The problem is that all the guys have very very little time and work none stop sometimes 7 days a week.

Jged

#4 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4295 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

And link out liberally to sites you don't control to show that you are part of the Web and not just trying to suck value out of it.

I know you are not the first to mention this (think Egol may have got in before you...) but excellently put.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

#5 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13365 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

I strongly recommend you get Social Media Marketing by Li Evans.

Social Media Marketing: Engaging Strategies for Facebook, Twitter & Other Social Media is a business marketing book aimed for any company c-suite, executive & senior level management as well as both accomplished and novice marketers who want to learn the ins and outs of being successful with marketing plans that involve social media.

I read it cover to cover and was amazed at how much actionable advice she put in the book.

#6 Jayres

Jayres

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

Definitely check out The New Rules of Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott. He gives a lot of great insight to how the Internet has changed marketing and how you need to adapt. Scott also includes case studies and points you to other good resources.

Make sure you make meaningful connections in your links. If you are writing content, make it substantial and make it count.

#7 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1357 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

If you are looking to use the web to help with the websites of the franchisees and they are local auto shops I'd pay a lot of attention to local seo.

If I wanted to stay abreast of all the things going on and of importance with local seo I'd start with the slides on this blog piece: http://blumenthals.c...ted-birmingham/

In fact the attendance at that session was primarily small business operators...and the info is right on target.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users