• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

Ever want to scream when a shopping cart times out?

Posted Image

For more of the same, check out The Oatmeal on How to Make Your Shopping Cart Suck Less

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13613 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

I had seen that site earlier...absolutely hilarious and SO TRUE!!!

#3 RisaBB

RisaBB

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1437 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

OMG THAT WAS SOOOOO FUNNY!!!!

I laughed out loud so many times!

My favorite screen was the 'create a password' part:

8-20 characters. Must contain one uppercase letter, two lowercase letters, three numgers, two punctuation marks, and one or more ancient glyphs from any of the following civilizations: Mayans, Egyptians, or the infamous Portuguese monkey lords.

THAT IS HYSTERICAL!!!

#4 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9019 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Extremely well done and unfortunately so true.

You get the feeling with so many applications that no user tests have ever been done. In other words, sitting a new user in front of a screen and a keyboard and watching how they do. If many very common examples did that with only one user I'm sure they would learn a lot. I presume they rely on complaints. If they get only a few, then the response will be 'If it's not broken, why fix it?'

My biggest peave is Log In and Log Out buttons or links. My online library website is in general very good but log in and log out is something you have to search for.

I use a SalesForce system in the charity I work with. That software costs mega bucks and in general is extremely good. However if you want to log out, there's a pull down menu and you click on a small link at the bottom.

You'll find the same thing with online banking systems. They make the button/link hard to find sometimes then spend a great deal of effort trying to remind you to log off when you're finished.

As usual, there's not enough KISS-ing. :)

#5 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4425 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I actually had to call Amazon the first time I wanted to log out of a pc at work. I could not find the button anywhere!

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users