• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 02:46 PM

Google has been dancing for a while now ...there should be an update soon. I didn't mean to annoy anyone with this post ...just a quick reminder for those of us who forget.

#2 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 01:07 PM

Hi xelA, I don't think anyone will be annoyed. I think that you will find the people here at these forums very interested in any post and supportive of anyone's right to express their views/posts. Thanks for the reminder :)

#3 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:22 PM

Hey MJR!

I was reading through the "other" post in the "other" forums and I was like hmm this google forums is missing a dance thread. So I thought I'd start one.

#4 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:29 PM

I have nothing much to report with my sites, my 4 existing sites are still PR6 with great listings in the engine. My newest site, still under development and new online this month is a PR0, of course that is no real surprise. And no it is not been penalized :) Adding that you know you have a good forums when you have a Google dance thread ;)

#5 chris

chris

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:46 PM

Chris's guide to starting a Google Dance thread:

1. Every forum must have a Google dance thread. Nobody can quite explain why, but it does seem to help to pass the time.

2. Unto the starter of the "Google Dance" thread are many privileges. But with privilege comes responsibility.

3. Said starter must title the dance thread such that it includes the words "Official". Because that's what all the others say so we wouldn't want anybody to think that these were the only threads not officially backed by Google.

4. Said starter must also put the month and year in the title. This means that everyone reading can be sure of which month it is.

5. Said starter should not start the thread with reasonable information such as "the update is started" "just a quick reminder". Instead said starter should dramaticise the nature of their ranking gains or loss whilst failing to state what there site actually is. Examples of proper first posts are "Looks like Google's mucked their algorithm up again, I used to rank number 5 and now I've dropped to 6", "Leonard's pizza is going to outrank me and it's all SPAM SPAM SPAM, do you hear me"

6. Within five minutes at least 50 people should have told us about the rankings woes of their sites.

7. The same people to post five minutes later to say they're back again and it's all okay.

8. And back again to say that it's all wrong again.

9. A week or two later people can actually analyse things properly. But this nonsense is correctly buried after 150 other posts.

That's the way it works, that's the way it always works and that's the established formula. I'm sorry xelA but these reasonable starts just aren't right, can you try again this time with a little more sensationalism please :) [/b]

#6 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13365 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:58 PM

Chris, you crack me up. Heck, I went to another forum to see how the Dance is going.

Just kidding, of course. :shock:

Kim

#7 Advisor

Advisor

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1142 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 03:05 PM

I'd just as soon have all dance threads be banned, but at least if we're gonna do it, I vote for following Chris's rules to the letter!

I went to another forum to see how the Dance is going.

Funny, Kim!

Dancewise, my own sites have lost ground. Clients are doing well though, so that's what matters. I expect my RankWrite site to go down since it's not kept up any more, but High Rankings is supposed to go up, and eventually surpass it, not ALSO go down! :)

Jill

#8 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 03:29 PM

Too funny Chris & company :)

#9 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:44 PM

Oh my God!!! :shock:

The dance just started my site stayed right on the same page where it always was and has been for 2 years now! Oh my God!

I can't believe those SPAM sites are outranking me with no real graphics content and when it comes to graphic design sites: SEO'd sites can't sell their content because a balance of SEO and graphcis is key.

Oh man!

What am i going to do?

#10 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:45 PM

Just an update that in www2 the site moved up a page - yay I'm the best SEO in the world! :)

#11 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:45 PM

...OH MAN THIS SUCKS!!! my site just dropped 2 pages in www2! :x

#12 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:47 PM

That's it I don't get it the site keeps bouncing up and down on the SERP. SEO sucks! Google needs to redo their algo this one is making me rank low!

#13 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:48 PM

...Um is this starting to sound more like a google dance thread? :roll:

#14 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:59 PM

LOL! Yes it does sound much more like the neurotic posts of the other forums :splat: Phil may have a donkey after reading through this thread :wink:

#15 dgcccomllc

dgcccomllc

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 08:07 PM

I'm really hoping this dance isn't over cause I'm sitting 22 positions below where I started. I know my links probably won't show up until next month, but until them I'm screwed on Google, AOL, and Yahoo from what I can tell. Man this blows.

#16 cwebb

cwebb

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:46 AM

Google dancing doesn't throw your pages from your previous result to several, then settling on one!

There 1 new index getting spread, being displayed on different servers then it's possibly back to the old index. So if your page was ranked #6 and now hops between #6 and #22 you're screwed and #22 for at least a month!

#17 dgcccomllc

dgcccomllc

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:36 AM

ugh, I just don't understand why links that have existed for quite a while have disappeared. Just doesn't make sense.

#18 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13365 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 12:53 PM

Dedicated to xelA...

http://www.cre8pc.com/blog

Today's Cre8pcBlog entry 8)

By far, this is my all-time favorite thread thanks to all of you!

Kim

#19 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:44 PM

Well the Google Dance did it again! One poor fellow was going to get buy new dentures with the revenue generated from his affiliate links shopping site's placements in Google but it now appears that his ranking slipped into page 3 and he will now not be able to afford to get his new teeth. The irony of it all is that the online dentist the he intended to do business with, website has slipped into obscurity and no longer can be found in Google. It seems that the Dentist's website was apparently linking to a "bad neighborhood". :)

#20 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 02:43 PM

Online dentistry sounds very complicated, do you need broadband for shorter appointments? :)

#21 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:00 PM

The hard part is getting your gums to scan - you know these cheap PC scanners are :)

#22 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:34 PM

On the positive side, dentures come with an uninstaller, but on the negative, if you set the permissions wrongly when you install them... well, it ain't pretty. :)

#23 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:51 PM

Well if you're using Windows, you don't even get to pick the dentures you want - and that self-installer can be a real experiance :)

#24 xelA

xelA

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:54 PM

You know I've never had anything dedicated to me before... But you know tihs is probably better than a bird bath at some obscure park.

#25 MJR

MJR

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 04:00 PM

You know I've never had anything dedicated to me before... But you know tihs is probably better than a bird bath at some obscure park.

LOL! Just thinking though, you know what birds do to the edges of a birdbath while taking a drink... oh nevermind :)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users