FYI: Google is Dancing
Posted 27 January 2003 - 02:46 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 01:07 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:22 PM
I was reading through the "other" post in the "other" forums and I was like hmm this google forums is missing a dance thread. So I thought I'd start one.
Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:29 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:46 PM
1. Every forum must have a Google dance thread. Nobody can quite explain why, but it does seem to help to pass the time.
2. Unto the starter of the "Google Dance" thread are many privileges. But with privilege comes responsibility.
3. Said starter must title the dance thread such that it includes the words "Official". Because that's what all the others say so we wouldn't want anybody to think that these were the only threads not officially backed by Google.
4. Said starter must also put the month and year in the title. This means that everyone reading can be sure of which month it is.
5. Said starter should not start the thread with reasonable information such as "the update is started" "just a quick reminder". Instead said starter should dramaticise the nature of their ranking gains or loss whilst failing to state what there site actually is. Examples of proper first posts are "Looks like Google's mucked their algorithm up again, I used to rank number 5 and now I've dropped to 6", "Leonard's pizza is going to outrank me and it's all SPAM SPAM SPAM, do you hear me"
6. Within five minutes at least 50 people should have told us about the rankings woes of their sites.
7. The same people to post five minutes later to say they're back again and it's all okay.
8. And back again to say that it's all wrong again.
9. A week or two later people can actually analyse things properly. But this nonsense is correctly buried after 150 other posts.
That's the way it works, that's the way it always works and that's the established formula. I'm sorry xelA but these reasonable starts just aren't right, can you try again this time with a little more sensationalism please [/b]
Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:58 PM
Just kidding, of course. :shock:
Posted 28 January 2003 - 03:05 PM
I went to another forum to see how the Dance is going.
Dancewise, my own sites have lost ground. Clients are doing well though, so that's what matters. I expect my RankWrite site to go down since it's not kept up any more, but High Rankings is supposed to go up, and eventually surpass it, not ALSO go down!
Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:44 PM
The dance just started my site stayed right on the same page where it always was and has been for 2 years now! Oh my God!
I can't believe those SPAM sites are outranking me with no real graphics content and when it comes to graphic design sites: SEO'd sites can't sell their content because a balance of SEO and graphcis is key.
What am i going to do?
Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:45 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:45 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:47 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:48 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:59 PM
Posted 28 January 2003 - 08:07 PM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:46 AM
There 1 new index getting spread, being displayed on different servers then it's possibly back to the old index. So if your page was ranked #6 and now hops between #6 and #22 you're screwed and #22 for at least a month!
Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:36 AM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:44 PM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 02:43 PM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:00 PM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:34 PM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:51 PM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 03:54 PM
Posted 29 January 2003 - 04:00 PM
LOL! Just thinking though, you know what birds do to the edges of a birdbath while taking a drink... oh nevermind
You know I've never had anything dedicated to me before... But you know tihs is probably better than a bird bath at some obscure park.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users