#1 kevs

kevs

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

I have seen others that have "reviews" from this site
www.modelmayhem.com

Essentially, they are tags from the users.

I have a page on this site and would like to have my place page recognize them. How do I push google to see these, ie and bring them in?

#2 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hi Kevs,

A couple of things may be happening here:

- It can take months for Google to pick up a review.

- Though Google may consider that source to be an appropriate review source for some listings, it's possible that they don't consider it appropriate for your specific business, due to your location or other factors.

- There isn't really anything I know of you can do to 'make' Google take notice of something like this. I've seen some people asking if they link from their site to their reviews, will it make Google index them. I've yet to see evidence of this working, but it might not hurt.

- You could start a thread in the Google Places Help Forum outlining what you've noticed regarding this review site being used as a review source for some businesses but not yours. See if you can get a response from a rep, but don't hold your breath.

And, do take into account my first point. If your reviews on this site are recent, it will typically take some time for Google to bring them into Places.

#3 kevs

kevs

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 768 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

thanks SEO!
well one competitor, same field, same city, has these from this place. that's how I thought of it!
That said, currently, I don't put my name on the Places page, so that could be the issue. I just have a generic name whereas his website name and places name match.

But you do point out, one could replicate everything a competitor does, and still get frustrated. That's google!
Personally, I currently don't like posting on Google forums as the results have always been apathetic over there.

#4 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1715 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

Kevs:

Were the reviews from this site from its forum? I've seen someone else comment wherein comments from forums were picked up as reviews in Google Places.

#5 kevs

kevs

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 768 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

Not this forum Earl.

#6 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1715 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

I meant from the forum page of modelmayhem.

Its been noted elsewhere that reviews written in some forums were showing up in google places. I wondered if the reviews you saw were coming from inside a forum page at modelmayhem.

#7 kevs

kevs

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 768 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

I did not think of that. Google showed a snippet of text and then the link just went to it's homepage. The snippet was from what is called a "tag".

I love that becuase it's essentially all good reviews and you can even delete them at will!

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users