Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Would You Please Give Me Your Feedback About The Site?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mike7977

mike7977

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

I have updated my site again, and tried to make it look simple to use and also easy.

The reason I put registration form in the beginning is to be able to encourage users to register in order to see the contents of the site, therefore, about 35% of new viewers do register which is the highest I have ever had so far.

http://www.meetplenty.com

use one of these users:

user: mguest
pass: 12345

user: fguest
pass: 12345

Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by mike7977, 03 August 2011 - 03:04 AM.

#2 RisaBB

RisaBB

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1437 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hi Mike,

I feel bad saying this, but I don't think the site looks professional. I've never seen another site where the first piece of content on the home page is a registration form. Also, is that content in the header your logo or ads for Zoosk? Are you Zoosk? And the conversation between the 2 pairs of sneakers, "want to go for a jog?" "OK." - doesn't seem like animal magnetism to me.

I think you should change the font from comic sans to verdana or trebuchet and make it smaller. Change the light blue color of the words to a darker color. Maybe create 2-3 columns so that you can have the form in one column and information about your site in another. Put that list in bullets Talk more about your site and the kinds of people who register on it. What sets you apart from other dating sites? Check out the other sites and see what makes them look so professional looking which inspires confidence.

Risa

#3 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4431 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

A few issues.

1. When the advert reloads the sign up screen also refreshes. Data saved, but not very user friendly experience.
2. What's a ZIP Code?
3. What is the headline for? Explain this.
4. Some of the current free agents appear on other sites in other countries? The first person I looked at has the same profile here: http://www.cupidmark...m/militaryangel - but on that site she is living in American, not London.

So in short, I cannot trust the people on this site. I know you were asking about design, but this in my mind is a bigger issue.

Also profiles are publicly available, not hidden behind a members only area. So another reason not to trust the site, I would not want my personal information to be available for anyone to view.

Also, this profile: http://www.meetplent...ROFILE_UID=4748
also appears here: http://www.scammerz....ing/ghana/3804/ - which provides the warning "Remember, this is a FAKE PROFILE set up by a scammer on my dating site. DO NOT ATTEMPT CONTACT."

which does not give it much trust either. She is in both Essex and Australia and a known scammer.

Maybe you need to tighten your security checks as there are many scammers out there trying to rip people off and they often use dating sites.

One option to make the site more trustworthy and more professional is to make is a premium site. There is a good reason why the best dating sites are premium sites and it has little to do with the revenue model.

Edited by jonbey, 05 August 2011 - 04:31 AM.

#4 Dalesway

Dalesway

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I am not a design pro, but I know what I like and what I dislike and I think that form on the home page is not looking right in so many ways. The layout does not look very professional, I agree with Risa. Not having your own company logo / banner at the top, but an advertising banner is never going to build your brand and leaves the visitor wondering where they have arrived at exactly.

If you want to get people to sign up straight away to get free access, you should offer them a good reason to do so, and have your form acessibile in a more aesthetically pleasing way. Have you thought of writing a short but excellent "report" on something like -

Top 10 Tips to .....(have success meeting people online, get your personal ad noticed.....etc.)

Write some valuable content to help the kind of person you are targeting your website at and the rest will follow, but you have to get a professional look and feel first and foremost IMHO.

#5 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

I do not use these sites, so my opinion is not valid for the service side of it. However, right when I land on your site there is no candy. If I was a single man looking or single lady I want some candy. Can can be color, layout, people, testimonies, etc. I want to see a little website thigh, and not just get a ladmo bag.

#6 Vince Wicks

Vince Wicks

Runs with Computers Tech Ninja

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Sorry mate, but your site looks like It was made 15 years ago. There's no layout design, font, colours - everything looks bad.

#7 sibya

sibya

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

I have to echo  the comments above, I can see what your intentions are, but it looks thoroughly tacky and unprofessional, never mind a design 15 years out of date.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users