Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Looking For Tool That Will Show Me How Many People Use A Particular Search Word Or Term

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tommr

tommr

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

I am looking for a good tool to help me find what search terms or words are searched and which words or terms are searched more often than others.

thanks

#2 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 1026 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

I'm assuming you're interested in search terms that people use while they are on your site (not what they use to find your site on a search engine). right?

If so, what platform are you using? I believe on Wordpress, Wordpress.com Stats provides that.

#3 tommr

tommr

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

No,
Not on site search.
I want to do some google adwords and I want to know what terms people are using and what terms and most searched etc.

Edited by tommr, 20 August 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#4 Michael_Martinez

Michael_Martinez

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1354 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

Google AdWords offers a free research tool. You get better data when you log in.

#5 nuttakorn

nuttakorn

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

You can use Google Keyword Tool, it shows the search volume per month. This tool is essential if you would like to advertise with Google.

https://adwords.goog...ordToolExternal

#6 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 1026 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Everyone has already pointed it out, but in your Google Adwords page you can see which keywords have brought the most traffic. Furthermore if you connect your Google Analytics to Adwords for the same website, you can track which one of those keywords are actually converting the most. At the end of the day all the traffic in the world is useless if they don't buy what you have to offer (or click on your ads).

#7 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Wordtracker.com is such a tool as well, though Google's tool can be more precise (even at that, I'd multiply it's numbers by 6-30%, depending on the query).

There is one relatively new, promising keyword tool, but I've forgotten what it's called.

#8 tommr

tommr

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

thanks everyone for the input

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users