Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:48 AM
Hello SEO Beach Bum,
OMG somehow I wrote a long response, accidentally pressed some button, and it all disappeared! Yikes!
So, to make a long story short, I'll just quickly reiterate what I just wrote. I think site is basically OK and professional but can look much better with a few minor changes:
- i think you need a tag line
- your background is a splash of water, but "seo beach bum" reminds me of waves, sand, seagulls, boats...
- there is not enough contrast. try changing the content area to white with black or dark blue font.
- there is not enough padding in the margin. some words are touching the margin.
- add more space between the 2 columns.
- box off the twitter area like the other content below. i don't think it's so important that it needs to be top right. move the 'recent articles' to the top right, which also serves the purpose of giving an overview of what your site is about.
- in the tag cloud, the largest point size is too big.
- try changing the font to verdana 11 or trebuchet. those fonts are a little smaller and give more line spacing. the current font looks a little to heavy.
I think the site is professional looking. Good luck!