• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

I have http://www.AzBestListings.com/ and I wrote what I think is nice content for real estate for sale in maricopa arizona and homes for sale in maricopa arizona for the index page, and it is indexed in google, but it does not rank.

What is wrong with my content? I want to write quality and also have it actually found on page 1.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 07 September 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#2 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

I'm inclined to believe that this is a SEO issue, not a content issue, but perhaps someone could verify this (or not).

The homepage content seems to be unique. The homepage at least has some links and it ranks for some quotes. To rank for anything more competitive it has to have more trusted links with the keyphrases.

Moreover, the blog and the listings aren't indexed.

The reasons for that could be that there's still not enough links and that the listings are somehow considered duplicates to others.

I'd try to get more links from external sites to the listings and maybe the blog, too.

#3 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

A.N.Onym, thank you.

#4 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4449 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, a quick glance would suggest that you need a lot more links. As I understand it real estate is a very competitive market. According to Yahoo you have 143 backlinks and many of these are on single domains (like activerain and localism.com).

You need to do some marketing for your business if you want to be able to market properties.

#5 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

So you think my issue is not the content of the page, but the backlinks from other websites and blogs? What is a healthy number of unique sites point back to my site, which I should target?

#6 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

So you think my issue is not the content of the page, but the backlinks from other websites and blogs?

James, it is both.

The homepage has plenty of content, but a homepage alone is not this website. The huge bulk of this site is the listing pages, and here the main unique content is images. The unique text on each listing that is actually about the property is often just the short-hand answers to a form. Occassionally there is a short paragraph of text on the left of this listing

Example

44011 W Cowpath Road in Maricopa, Arizona, was built in 2005 and has 3 bedroom(s), 2.5 bathroom(s) and 2010 square feet. This Single Family - Detached property currently lists for $75,000.

Now, that is perfectly understandable, given the number of listings you have and the nature of the business, but if I were you, I'd really be looking at breaking down neighborhoods, so that you can quickly allocate which neighborhood any property is in, and link to a page that really describes and sells that specific neighborhood, talking about the things that will be in walking distance, the feel of the neighborhood, the nearest school, kindergarten, stores, etc. In other words, a guide to the neighborhood that will have the kind of things people will want to know, and that gives an idea of what the place would be like to live in, to have extended family visit, etc.

Now, obviously, I don't know Maricopa. That's your area of expertise. But after visiting your site I should feel like I know something about the area, or at least, be aware that it was all there for the reading.

Break it down onto neighborhoods, starting with those you deal with most, and provide detailed guides to the neighborhood. Make me feel like I already know the coffee shop, the local store, some of the restaurants, what the trip to take my kids to school will be like.

Now, you know I have to mention the blog, right? Boy, what were you thinking there? Because what you have is a blog that says "I have nothing to say about the area, no great stories to share, and I don't care".

The last post was the only post from what I can see. That was back in May.

The blog is a great way of having an easy CMS for adding any kind of content you like to the site. Ultimately, what that blog is going to sell is you and your team. It is going to show that you know the area. That you care for your customers. On it you are going to write at least one happy story each and every week. Tell us about this week's 'star property' and why you are happy to have it on your listings. Tell us about a happy customer, or a tough customer, and how through your hard work and friendly service you made their finding a new home into a happier, easier experience. Throw in some cautionary tales at times about the hassles of moving home, of checking various things, and so on.

Impress the readers with your honesty, depth of knowledge of all the hassles and issues they are facing, and in all ways become their friend in the business. The guy they want to help them find a property.

But if you can't make at least one, high quality, very personable and open friendly post per week, every week, telling a decent story, then delete the blog entirely.

#7 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

Thank you BK. You gave me a $1,000,000 in thought there. I have a ton of working ideas now :-) Fixing the internal pages and blogging weekly internally will improve my site from how you laid it out. I know each subdivision, but daily until I get it cleaned up I am going to drive one and take notes and write about them.

#8 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Just remember, the main aim of that blog is to let the readers see you as their friend in the realty business. Post in that vein, friendly, as if to be read by folks you like and want to help. That will soon become the reality, as people reading that will be able to connect with you, see that you care, that you are honest and open, and that you understand their needs and issues.

Its a way of letting people experience that friendly, caring service even before they get in touch, and it is priceless in its effect on both traffic, and conversions.

#9 RisaBB

RisaBB

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1437 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

:whitestalltion:
Black_Knight, when I clicked "last 72 hours" to read recent posts, and I saw your name there, my heart went aflutter! I haven't seen your name here in years. (James - Black_Knight was a moderator here for years. I think he was here when Kim founded this place 13 years ago).

Your response to James was classic Black_Knight - full of insight, experience, and great advice. Thanks! I'd better get my blog going better, too!

#10 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

RisaBB - I think 50 to 80% of my posts he replies to LOL. I know he is the great one. I have know that for years, but this time he was able to drive it home for me. I actually finally have a full road map to what I am doing.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users