• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4633 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Earlier today in my post 31% Of Webdevs Mis-Configure Their Web Servers!? , I mentioned that I checked response headers regularly as part of a site maintenance schedule. Shortly after I read How to Leverage Calendars in Search Optimization, Michael Martinez, SEO Theory, 23-November-2011.

He mentions and links to a Michael Gray's Creating and Using an SEO Editorial Calendar, Wolf-Howl, October-2010. And Michael mentions and links to Lisa Barone's Why You Need An Editorial Calendar For Your Blog, Outspoken Media, 23-April-2009 (hey, not just for blogs, Lisa!).
I highly recommend reading all three.

Michael (Martinez :)) then goes on to ask the following questions:
Note: for some answers and thoughts, go read his article.
* Have You Used Your SEO Calendar Today?
* What Does Your Link Building Calendar Look Like?
* Do You Have a Competitive Calendar?
* Where Did You Put Your Maintenance Calendar?

Have to admit that of those mentioned I only have the editorial and maintenance calendars...
I do have some others though:
* direct advertising calendar
* site marketing calendar
* niche events calendar

Who else uses organisational calendars?
Note: for business operations not for personal needs scheduling - just to cut down on the wit[ty] rejoinders...maybe. :D

#2 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4426 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

I have so many spreadsheets, calenders, to do lists and the like that I mostly ignore them all and go with gut feeling.

I am organised on paper (well, on the screen). It does not seem to help in the real world much!

#3 tommr

tommr

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

My main job for this month is to set up a system and I was using a spread sheet but now I may look at a calendar.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users