• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Admin - Top Level
  • 4453 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

I know that many of us rely on Google AdSense for some to all of our web revenue. In all your thoughts about site optimisation have you even once given thought to how best to optimise for the AdWords folks? Those people who are looking for relevant/qualified traffic referring sites on which to advertise? I suspect that like many/most? of us my mindset that Google - the intermediary - was the primary. Huge fail on my part.

Thanks to a question by farmboy over at WebmasterWorld and the replies by RhinoFish I am taking a new hard look at my AdSense publisher behaviour.
Questions from an AdSense publisher
I sort of knew most/all that was said but it hadn't sunk in.

Read the thread, follow the citations/links, read some more. I suspect that this one thread will increase my AdSense revenue significantly. Perhaps yours as well.

if you can add a new layer of attention to your adsense thinking, and if you add lots of sections that aren't identical to your contextual structure, you will allow more bidders to chase you, from more angles. and in an auction, more bidders means higher prices, for you.

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5166 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for pointing to this discussion. Pretty interesting.

I can do a lot more to make my channels match topics that will attract ads.

#3 Michael_Martinez

Michael_Martinez

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1354 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Well, now you've gone and changed my priorities for all sorts of projects over the next couple of months.

#4 Dr.Marie

Dr.Marie

Light Speed Member

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Wow. That is eye opening. I don't think I am using channels properly at all.

Time to revisit some things!

#5 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

Gotta agree that it's pretty worthwhile. I've never seen this much attention paid to buying advertising, even though I've had similar expectations, when buying ads.

I suspect that typical, banner/affiliate ads can be improved by using precise channeling and targeting, as well as by providing as much info and options to banner advertisers.

The problem here is, though, how to filter your own ads for new content: there has to be a built-in contextual analytical script (probably built on an already existing search index, if anything).

Edited by A.N.Onym, 01 December 2011 - 11:37 AM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users