Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Any Free Cms Software Out There Built In .css?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jged

Jged

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

HI,

I have tried getting my head around Wordpress but have failed miserably probably because I do not know .php and would like to do a bit of on-site optimisation using the templates provided. Which begs the question does anyone know of any CMS software built purely in .css?

Any help appreciated,
Jged

#2 DCrx

DCrx

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1292 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

If I understand the question, the answer is yes. However, even Drupal can be said to be styled with CSS.

My guess is you want to try something like Cushy. Once you understand how it works, I think you will see it as what you're looking for.

#3 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Well, you can try Drupal anyway, since it doesn't really require PHP knowledge to optimize the pages, just a module or two:
  • Page Titles - has a nice way of using title patterns for each content type (also by using internal tokens, such as username, page title, modified title, etc)
  • Pathauto - for generating URLs from page titles (has a [stop-]word exclusion filter to shorten URLs as well)
  • SEO Redirect - ensures there's only one URL for a piece of content (plus a few other things, if I remember right)
  • http://drupal.org/project/pathologic (fixes broken internal links).
Make sure you setup the right permissions and settings, however.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 03 January 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#4 tommr

tommr

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

After a bit of searching I have found a widget that helps to start a "child" theme in wordpress. Reworking a standard theme seems like a great way to start.
It seems now like a daunting task but I am committed to figure this out. I really want to be able to create a site where I can make changes easily with out editing 100 html pages.

From what I have been able to see there is no reason to learn PHP to make a child theme with wordpress.

I may be wrong but it seems like wordpress may be the easiest to learn and there are a bizillion widgets ready to go.

Anyway I found this helpful. http://codex.wordpre...rg/Child_Themes

#5 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9021 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

I would encourage you in this direction, tommr. I use child themes from the WordPress default 'twentyeleven' and they have worked beautifully on the various blogs I have created. It's useful to be able to tweak the php files but it's not difficult to figure things out.

#6 tommr

tommr

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

Thanks Barry for the encouragement.
I am not a stranger to php but it seems like sometimes I know just enough to get my self in trouble.
I was going to mention PHP Freaks but right now the site is not working.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users