Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

How To Add Side Links To A Facebook Business Page?

facebook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cgl102770

cgl102770

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Does anyone know how to add custom links to the side panel of a Facebook business page? I'm talking about the area I hilited in light green on the left of image below.

Some of those links, like "wall", "info", are default, though "real deals", "jobs" are custom. I have a client who would like some custom links added to their facebook page. I tried a few wizywig apps, but they add tabs to the top of the page, that's not quite what I'm looking for. I know html so that is not a barrier. Thank you for any suggestions!

Attached Thumbnails

• napa.jpg

Edited by iamlost, 12 January 2012 - 07:45 PM.
removed self-referencing link as unnecessary especially with attached thumbnail.

#2 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3790 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

I'm not completely positive this is the answer, but it sounds right: http://www.networkso...-facebook-page/

Notice near the very end of that article it says, "If you want to move the app’s position on your left sidebar, simply click the Edit link under your app list, and drag the app to the desired position. After your apps are organized how you’d like, click Done to save the new positions."

Worth a shot, anyway.

#3 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

If you want to show the avatar of another Page in that spot, change to "use as Page" then go to like the Page. That can come in handy when there are organizations you'd like the Page to be associated with. A For instance, a SEO who speaks at one of the big conferences might sign in as their own Page, then like the conference's Page.

#4 cgl102770

cgl102770

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thank you for the feedback! It led me here: http://apps.facebook...wrapper/?ref=ts
So far this seems to be the best solution...thanks again.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users