• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Missouriflies

Missouriflies

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Where to start? So I've been doing alot of work and tweeking and I at one point when I'd update my page or post, clear cache, update xml sitemap and resubmit to google it seemed like new post images were poping up quick...I just did a new post two nights ago and the images haven't poped up. Even if i search directly the name of the blog entry and add my site name...my username plus .com will get you to the site if you need to look at titles or h1 h2 stuff. so was the stuff poping up quick just luck of posting before i was crawled or have i changed something for the worse. any idea of how quickly new images from new posts should appear if my sites healthy and i've followed the steps i've outlined...thx

ps. this seemed to happen around the time i remove about 4 pages changed home page over to the my blog feed and set home to a new name..."about" i changed it back to the way it was today to see if that would affect things for the better. Its so hard to know if your improving your results or making them worse if you don't know how long you should wait to make the determination. Is there any way of gauging the affect of site layout and internal seo changes imediately? it would be so nice to know weather your on the right or wrong track imediately. I have no idea..should i wait a month.or should things change for the better or worse quickly.

eager to hear back..
-Chris

ps (edit) Im back in the game folks. (havent seen the new images from the latest post or searched it and all that) but Here's what i did...(if i can remember) Mainly I rewrote my static front page and fixed my RSS widget which i was using incorectly (apparently thats to list other peoples blogs not your own) and re did that with a text widget and used /?feed=rss2 instead or /feed or /blog. also cleaned up some of the added addresses i had put in my wordpress xml sitemap to reflect new page names etc, and thats about it. looks like when i reupload the sitemap to google that may be overkill, probably just need to hit update xml sitemap from within wordpress, and google webmaster tools tells me how many pages submited and how many crawled (i mean indexed, ill have to figure out the difference, i should probably know exactly what indexed means but i will learn that tmrw..things are already looking up in google images...."carp flies" get you carp on techies

Edited by Missouriflies, 31 January 2012 - 03:45 AM.

#2 tommr

tommr

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

I don't know if this helps but watch the last part of the video.

#3 Michael_Martinez

Michael_Martinez

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1354 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

That video is ancient and not really informative regarding Google Image Search.

Chris, to answer your question, yes, for some sites you can assess the impact of changes fairly quickly. Some sites will be recrawled/reindexed faster than others. It sounds like you either don't update your site very often or else you don't have many links pointing to it; hence, it will probably take longer for you to see the impact of your changes.

#4 Missouriflies

Missouriflies

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

Chris, to answer your question, yes, for some sites you can assess the impact of changes fairly quickly. Some sites will be recrawled/reindexed faster than others. It sounds like you either don't update your site very often or else you don't have many links pointing to it; hence, it will probably take longer for you to see the impact of your changes.

I do update frequently within the last month and changes were happening quickly then slowed down...below probably answers why...
ps (edit) Im back in the game folks. (havent seen the new images from the latest post or searched it and all that) but Here's what i did...(if i can remember) Mainly I rewrote my static front page and fixed my RSS widget which i was using incorectly (apparently thats to list other peoples blogs not your own) and re did that with a text widget and used /?feed=rss2 instead or /feed or /blog. also cleaned up some of the added addresses i had put in my wordpress xml sitemap to reflect new page names etc, and thats about it. looks like when i reupload the sitemap to google that may be overkill, probably just need to hit update xml sitemap from within wordpress, and google webmaster tools tells me how many pages submited and how many crawled (i mean indexed, ill have to figure out the difference, i should probably know exactly what indexed means but i will learn that tmrw..things are already looking up in google images...."carp flies" get you carp on techies
One last thing....maybe very important....In my rewrite on the home page I added links to most of my pages, and added more key words/phrases...think thats a real good idea

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read me and reply! big up and best wishes!, Im sure I will see yall round, as i frequently open cans of worms!

Edited by Missouriflies, 31 January 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#5 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2580 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Yes, I have some sites that literally go into Google image search when I press publish and go and check, while others can take upto a week.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users