• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2490 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

Each day my adsense acccount shows a steady stream of income.

Usually today my account would show this, but every single one of my channels is showin £0.00.

I don't have my eggs in one basket either, these are spread out over a number of very good quality sites, with massive history and none of that naughty stuff on it either.

I've tweaked my network about 4 days ago which basically tripled the income on Adsense.

There are views being logged but no-one is clicking on the ads. Is doesn't make any sense because the history shows that at the very least 10 people would have clicked by now!

Any ideas why and what might be a way to check. I see there is a way I can signal feedback inside my Adsense control panel but don't know how effective this is.

#2 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3790 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Historically, there have been many times where the adsense backend hadn't yet caught up with real-ish time, and there'd be a time later in the day (or the next) where everything would line up again, like a big clickdump. Here's your clicks, folks!

So that may be it, but I'd be a little concerned since the clicks tripled over the last few days. You may want to keep an eye on the http://www.webmaster...google_adsense/ forum, as those folks constantly make note of these types of daily events. If others are experience the same today, there'll probably be a thread there about it.

#3 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2490 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Cheers Donna, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings, perhaps it's just a clickdump.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5364 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

I agree with Donna.. My Adsense data has been delayed many times - but seems to be working fine today.

Go out to your websites and look at your ads. If you are in really big trouble with them your ads will go blank.

#5 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2490 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Cheers EGOL (I know you adsense pretty hard), and yes from every possible angle I have looked at this, the traffic is the same, the ads are still showing, the sites are still listed so it must be a slight bump.

#6 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4567 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Off Topic offtopic
You turn off Instant, Google turns off...

Coincidence aside :) I agree with EGOL and DD. Google traffic can vary (with accompanying amusing conspiracy explanations), there was an AdSense reporting bug last month (and at other previous times) that affected a number of webdevs that was eventually corrected, plus what E & DD have already said, etc.

So long as Google is still serving the ads they are still collecting usage data....and in all probability eventually the front end reporting will catch up to the backend.

#7 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2490 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Cheers, it is pretty perplexing because there have been marked increases on traffic on my sites today.

For example, one of my best peforming sites yesterday was converting at 7%, while today it is converting at 2.9%, while another has gone from 4.9% to 2%. These are in different verticals so it's I although I can't rule out that advertisers just decided to write crap copy today completely, the case is less strong that it's to do with a specific niche.

Let's see what tomorrow brings in.

#8 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4364 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

I have seen similar - some mornings nothing, but then it all comes back. I think that the reports just get stuck sometimes.

#9 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2490 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

yes, it's come back now. ;)

#10 tam

tam

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2041 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

Glad they're back, if anyone gets the same issue, the other thing to check is the ad ID. I had one hacker that just swapped out the ID so it was going to their account instead. Nothing else swapped so everything seemed fine at first look.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users