Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Best Way To Display Galley Images On Web Pages?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jged

Jged

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what the best way is to display lots of images on a website please? Ideally free !

I like the look of lots of thumbnails with 1 large image displaying at any one time if that helps.

Any help appreciated,
Jged

#2 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2335 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

don't se tim thumb, gets hacked to death.

#3 Michael_Martinez

Michael_Martinez

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1354 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Some image hosting services allow you to create widgets that you can embed on your Website.

If you're using Wordpress then when you upload the images to the blog you are given an option of displaying thumbnails or full images. I'm not very fond of Wordpress default image handling, however, as the images are all clickable (which I don't mind) but the clicks merely load the images in new browser frames/windows rather than showing the full image in a new page in a window.

I want the ability to track clicks on my images. To get around this I often host my images on a special sub-domain, but as I use Wordpress more I tend to mix the image styles.

Needless to say, my image-click data is now pretty much useless. I just haven't had time to figure out a flexible solution that I can then actually find time to implement.

#4 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4295 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

I used Jalbum years ago, creates static html pages, several themes to chose from, nice galleries. No idea how it is today.

#5 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Admin - Top Level
  • 3716 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

There are tons of gallery scripts that make it easy to do this kind of thing.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users