• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Admin - Top Level
  • 8995 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

I get many requests to publish guest articles on my blogs. You have to select the wheat from the chaff, but for those that might be of interest I send a standard reply setting out all the rules I apply. This includes one permissible link in the Author Bio to the writer's profile or website.

How do others handle this? What authors will you accept on your blogs? What link or links that they might request do you accept?

#2 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Admin - Top Level
  • 3716 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

My guest post guidelines pretty much sum it all up for me - http://www.donnafont...og/guest-posts/ - Basically, I let people know that I'm picky, I'll trust my gut, and I'll be happy to allow links that aren't spammy, and that are relevant (if in-content). Then, when I get the post and links, I do exactly that - I am picky and I trust my gut. If the article or the links don't pass my instinct, I thank them but let them know that it's just not right for my blog and send them on their way. I don't agonize over it either. Just a quick thanks, but no thanks.

#3 Michael_Martinez

Michael_Martinez

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1354 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I only publish guest posts by invitation. I may change that at some point but only when I have time to actually vet requests.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5188 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

I tell them that it must be original, exclusive to our site, in perfect English, perfect content accuracy, we don't pay you, no promise of a link... if we don't like it we don't tell you why.

Most of the stuff that I get is rejected after reading two sentences because I can tell it is from a crackpot, an agitators or a promoter. Promoters are easy to spot because they use their company name twice in every sentence surrounded by superlatives and chest-thumping prose.

However, I have gotten a few amazing unsolicited articles.

Edited by EGOL, 20 March 2012 - 05:49 PM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users