Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Here is the link to the facebook page: https://www.facebook.../IranianLawyers

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13680 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Could you be more specific about what feedback you are asking for? (This is treading close to a link drop B:) )

#3 DCrx

DCrx

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

You are applying general, generic, web design principles to a social media site.

Best thing you can do, header-wise is a photo of the law firm. As in show people your face. Next, customers/clients. Why is the post by a client or customer so completely alien to the Social Media Marketing venue?

It's social media. Not FacelessBook.

Edited by DCrx, 22 March 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#4 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9023 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

I agree with you, DCrx. Wouldn't it be great if social media were only for members of society and the corporations were kept out of the door. That doesn't stop individuals in corporations participating and even talking about what they do. Think what would be appropriate if you were invited to a party in a friend's home and act accordingly. I guess I'm just a dreamer. :)

#5 DCrx

DCrx

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Wouldn't it be great if social media were only for members of society and the corporations were kept out of the door.

Wendy the Snapple Lady campaign got it when Facebook didn't exist. Snapple was not kept out the door.

Edited by DCrx, 22 March 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#6 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 1041 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Link drop to Facebook?

Barry, I disagree with keeping corporations out of social media. No one has to "like" or "follow" a corporation's page/account if they don't want to . If they choose to, then they obviously want to get more updates from them. I think that's similar to "content should be free" theory (which I also disagree with).

#7 bwelford

bwelford

• Site Administrators
  • 9023 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

There are many other ways that corporations can keep us up to date on any news that they might have. This is just like allowing billboards to appear along the sides of all highways. It's just nice to have some places that are 'commercial free' to an extent.

#8 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 1041 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

There are many other ways that corporations can keep us up to date on any news that they might have. This is just like allowing billboards to appear along the sides of all highways. It's just nice to have some places that are 'commercial free' to an extent.

I understand what you're saying. Who is going to pay for those commercial free places though? Its the businesses who make places like Facebook and alike as good as they are. Without the financial drive they would rarely (if ever) become as useful as they are today.

Edited by mrgoodfox, 23 March 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#9 bwelford

bwelford

• Site Administrators
  • 9023 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Facebook was a roaring success before corporations were allowed to have pages. I'm sure they would do quite well if like Google they put images 'around the sides' so that you can more easily ignore them. :)

#10 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 1041 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

I think as long a good balance is kept (Fb and Twitter are doing a great job at it) it would be ok for corporations to advertise and promote their product. I do think Google is going too far with Adwords. They should focus more on the personal search and make more money from their current ads instead of adding more advertising spots.

Edited by mrgoodfox, 23 March 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#11 Dalesway

Dalesway

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

You asked about the image originally, so my opinion is that it is quite a nice image, especially the aged look you created.

HTH

#12 mrgoodfox

mrgoodfox

One Who Engineers

• Moderators
  • 1041 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thanks. I think ideally I'd like to make a shape with pictures of the lawyers listed on our website but we don't have enough lawyers listed yet.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users