• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 clandestino

clandestino

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

We dropped our PPC bids from 1-3 positions to 4-8 positions and Conversions went way up and Cost Per Click went way down. CTR went way down though too. We need to make up that difference.

We're looking to improve ROI because we think we aren't really making much money in the 1-3 spots. So, as we see it, the answer is to uncover new market segments to advertise to -- people that could use our products but haven't seen our ads because they don't use the keywords we advertise on.

What's the best way to discover the keywords that a new market segment will use. For example, what if we would like Canadians to purchase our products and we know that they would be interested. How do I figure out what keywords they would use? Or maybe it would be that we currently market to residential but would like to capture commercial. Or maybe we're looking for people that like Nike tennis shoes because we know they would be inclined to buy some of our products -- you get the idea.

I wouldn't use Google Analytics because I'm looking for people that have never been to my site because I don't get impressions on the keywords they use because I'm not purchasing the keywords that they use.

One idea is to brainstorm some keywords then run a Test Campaign in AdWords for PPC using broad match and see who shows up.

Any other ideas?

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5477 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

Have you considered going straight to sites that have the audiences that you would like to reach and paying them for ad space on highly relevant pages?

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users