• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

My bounce rate for the site is 41% for the last 28 days. It is an alright number. I would like to get it controlled a little more. Now, I am getting enough traffic to get somebody to request for information, etc. However, it is rarely happening. The site is www.AzBestListings.com My request more information is like a closed sale for people who sale online products. Any ideas on how to improve in this area?

This bounce rate is from clicky. My google bounce rate is higher. Not sure what one is right.

Edited by iamlost, 25 March 2012 - 12:34 PM.
Topic moved to Website Hospital

#2 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4609 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Note: this appears to be a continuation of 84%+ Bounce Rate for those interested.

No two analytics tools ever seem to agree. This is because they each have their own subjective criteria. It behooves every webdev using such tools to understand what these are.

There are many possible reasons for a bounce as discussed in How Many Bounces Could A Bounce Rate Have? Differentiating bounces is often a first step to improving a page's conversion behaviour. However, given that the majority of traffic is not bouncing I suggest investigating the non-conversion of the non-bounce traffic first.

#3 sansonj72

sansonj72

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

iamlost,

You mentioned " I suggest investigating the non-conversion of the non-bounce traffic first. " How do I do this?

#4 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4609 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

The non-bounce traffic must be doing something besides leaving from the page... so what is it?
Of course, 'it' is likely to be a number of different behaviours. Each major behaviour/click and subsequent behaviour needs to be identified before one can begin to consider redirecting such behaviours.

I normally browse with javascript disabled and then turn on those functions that I decide are to my benefit to allow. Parts of your home page simply aren't there to visitors with some or all javascript disabled. And even with all scripts allowed some page features require horizontal scrolling, which is generally not a best practice.

#5 Michael_Martinez

Michael_Martinez

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1354 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

There is NO "right bounce rate". Bounce rates are the new SEO myth that people are using to waste their time. If you want to manage success on the basis of bounce rates you'll need to look at these combinations of factors:
  • Page-level bounce rate modified by...
  • Referral source plus ...
  • Keyword (if any) plus ...
  • Seasonal expectation (if any) plus ...
  • Targets/goals for your page
That's actually a crude list which needs refining. You'd probably also have to look at region and timeslot; day of week may even affect these things. Then you also need to consider whether you're publishing new content that might attract curious visitors, or obtaining new links that might change the flow of traffic, etc.

Edited by Michael_Martinez, 26 March 2012 - 01:38 PM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users