• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Admin - Top Level
  • 4457 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Well Google finally released their list of 'updates' that were added in the last couple of months: 86 changes for June and July, Inside Search: Google Blog, 10-August-2012.

It may just be me but I have the nagging suspicion that they held off so as to have enough forest to hide some significant additions, not to the 'algo' but to the display of scraped content facts. Just add up the number of 'project codename Answers'... for a start...

Some interesting clusters of changes that show where they have been (and likely still are) working on what they perceive as weaknesses.

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5186 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Just add up the number of 'project codename Answers'.

lol... this sounds like a list of BS answers.... to make your boss think that you were really doing something.

The boss, never asked for it... you just sent it to snow him.

#3 Dr.Marie

Dr.Marie

Light Speed Member

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

I really didn't find anything shocking in this update. Usually there is at least one thing that you can pick out and have a good discussion about.

#4 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4295 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Purely a hunch and nothing else, but after reading through that list I got the feeling that there was a move from seeking and penalising low quality content to a greater emphasis on recognising high quality content.

#5 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2335 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

In other words.

These are not the droids you are looking for.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users