• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4621 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Intel will soon launch a web TV service that will include a camera in the device box. Big Brother WILL be watching you, Mike Isaac, All Things D, 12-February-2013.

It watches your movements and TV viewing habits with the aim of personalizing the way your household watches television — not to mention being much more helpful to those in the ad biz doing the targeting.

Even George Orwell was unable to foresee that the invasion, subversion, and resulting tyranny would be led by corporate marketing departments... for the personalised 'benefit' of the mass consumer...

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5440 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I usually find multi-minute commercial breaks in the middle of a program that I like to be really annoying.

However, if they were commercials about  products from companies that I like I wouldn't mind as much.

So, this could cut down on the annoyance factor.  

If I see a commercial that sells a dart gun (rubber suction cup darts) I will probably buy it immediately.   I can keep the gun loaded beside my couch to shoot at the TV during those noisy pig commercials.  I wonder if they sell them with high capacity magazines?

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users