3 replies to this topic

#1 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3828 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

http://www.bing.com/...n-the-sand.aspx

Loved this blog post from Duane Forrester of Bing. He shares a funny little conversation he had with an SEO consultant at a conference, and then moves on from there.

What I’m really getting at is the inability for many SEOs to expand their scope to include the other important aspects of work needed for a site to be successful.  I still meet SEOs on every trip who think usability is someone else’s job.  Or that all site design should go through SEO for approval.  Or that social is simply the integration of “little buttons on the page”.  Or that once they get visitors to a site, their work is complete.  Nothing frustrates me more than people tossing the ball over the wall.

Kim will appreciate the sentence above, I still meet SEOs on every trip who think usability is someone else’s job. 

Good little read.

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13613 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

I caught that the other day and yes, I did a silent YES! when I saw that about UX.   I too enjoyed his post!

#3 gabs

gabs

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

It basically turns seo into a media buying role if you have no UX intent. In my book that's not seo but then I think a webmaster is more the real term.

"Call to action" is my favourite term.. 

#4 Mkhitaryan

Mkhitaryan

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

The less SEO's are interested in UX the better for me :) 

If you're responsible for conversions/applications in any way then surely usability has to become important to an SEO?!

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users