Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Huge Favor To People Who Pay Google ? Dunno?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5440 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

I just saw a thread at Moz where a guy shows evo.com getting a product image beside their organic listing.  evo.com is in product search so they must be payin'

http://moz.com/commu...results-in-serp

Is this extra incentivization for people to pay to be in the product SERPs?  

I hope not, but really looks like it.

#2 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1605 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Have their been any responses from anyone else?

(ya know...I got to join moz for a period....but that is besides the point)

First off it could be an existing experiment.  

Secondly as often as Matt Cutts makes announcements, there are changes going on all the time that aren't accompanied by announcements.  That has normally been the case in Local, with the exception being certain changes are made inside the Local/Business Forum, and then they usually get broadcast by mike blumenthal on his blog.

But announcing something inside the forum is doing so to a very small audience.  Its not really broadcasting a change in a major way.

From appearance's sake, it gives the perspective that a retailer/product seller who advertises is going to get the additional benefit of a highly visual eyecatching reference in the organic results.  

Bam!!!!!   doesn't that make advertising infinitely more compelling???????   Doesn't that increase the pressure on businesses to spend money w/google????    Doesn't that put into question the honesty or believability of search results that are littered with incentives to advertise with google????

BTW:  I'm part of an experiment w/ big Goog on emails.   So I've been getting these personalized results with an "entity box" of some sort with regard to any entity or person with which I've emailed and who has a gmail acct and by default a google plus result.

I think its a cr@ppy @ss result btw.  Its all about highlighting the entity's or person's google plus account.  

Who gives a flying EF????-------------------------------------->   except google.

.....and I'm with you, EGOL.  I hope this doesn't take affect.  But with google, nobody is stopping them from controlling the web world.

er...uh...India has just raised an anti trust issue with google.   Good.  I hope they bury in hot scalding curry.

my $0.02   :D

#3 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5440 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

One poster thinks that it might be appearing because of schema markup.  I don't know.

#4 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3815 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, it's definitely because of schema markup. I mean...I can't guarantee that...but yeah, that's why, I'm sure. 

#5 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5440 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, it's definitely because of schema markup. I mean...I can't guarantee that...but yeah, that's why, I'm sure.

No kidding?   So, this site has markup that might make that image appear in the SERPs?

#6 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1605 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

why are they showing when he is signed in and not showing when he is incognito???

#7 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5440 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

I am not seeing it from my home... but did see it from my office earlier today.

#8 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3815 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

So, this site has markup that might make that image appear in the SERPs?

Yep. I checked another one real quick just to be sure, and yes, it had markup too. So, G may be testing to see if including the image is something they want to do or not, and it may not always be that way, but I'm feeling pretty confident it's from schema markup.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users