Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Is Google Getting Tough On Rich Snippets?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gabs

gabs

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

I've noticed over the last few weeks that amazon have lost all rich snippets. 

I can't find any evidence that amazon had any markup but you used to always to see them with rich snippets in the serps.

Back in may 2012 barry posted about amazon getting snippets http://www.seroundta...ppet-15216.html without markup.. 

I'm seeing loads of sites including some of my clients not showing snippets.. Anyone else noticing it? 

I know google do loads of UI tests but this seems like a change or update to the snippets in the serps!

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13624 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

I noticed it yesterday when I was checking out a website on my cell phone and the search results showed pages with no snippets.  A quick spin just now showed mostly no snippets for any site and only some sub-pages listed, minus snippets, for sponsored sites.

hummmmm :dazed:

#3 gabs

gabs

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

One thing I have noticed it data-vocabulary.org doesn't seem to be working but schema does.. Looks like I may need to change my markup :( 

#4 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1886 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

The whole snippet thing was a great idea - standarised markup for common content across a range of platforms.

But then someone suggested is was great for SEO and it soon became a spamfest. So like all greatr ideas, it became corrupted and Google has probably decided to change how they use the data.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users