• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 optisite

optisite

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Seems Moniker has gone through yet another buyout/merger. This time overseas.

As a result, service has suffered apparently when transferring to their new system: on the cp, Moniker is displaying incorrect domain expiration dates and have been it sounds like for months now (cut by a day).  Yet I've been given word via tech support for some time  that there is no timeframe for correcting this issue that is known by them. Doesn't ICANN regulate their processing/presentation of ciritical info to the customer?

Also, procedures such as renewal are quite a bit more challenging. Evidently they're come up with a complicated panel that is anything but straightforward. Try renewing a domain and you can sit at you pc wondering if it in fact the name has been renewed or not for a chunk of an hour and then some -- making it likely that you will be calling in for support explanations -- I've  heard "we're working on resolving that" on a number of occasions now and for not the same reasons.

During past years they were great and this is no 'slam'.  Only to indicate to crea8asite users what they could be in for, as least as of this date. 

Edited by optisite, Yesterday, 10:35 AM.

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5365 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

I have used BulkRegister for a long time.  Their domain management center works fine for DNS, renewals, registrations, editing details across a large number of domains.   My only two gripes about domain registrars are:

1) Some of them are almost impossible to transfer a domain away.  I have purchased domains from people who had them with other registrars and they have been really hard to move.  So, hard that I am still cussing about my domain being with them.  I don't know if this is because of the losing registrar is tenacious or the gaining registrar is ineffective at receiving... but I am betting it is because of intentional tenaciousness.

2) I hate registrars who do not hold your domains but mail you renewal forms that will move the domains to their service. 

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users