Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

How Much Would You Pay For A Usability Website Review?

conversions usability persuasive design site reviews

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13553 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

There are many types of website reviews and audits that test and review the user experience, user interface, usability, accessibility, information architecture, conversions, etc.

Some are long, some are short.  Some are automated, some are manually done.  They all vary in scope and methodology.

And price.

If you had a choice, what kind of website review would you want performed?  What would you want included?  

How much would you be willing to pay?

Do you want an audit that includes actionable recommendations for your team to incorporate?

Do you want a "I just want to know what you think" review?

Would you want to combine an SEO and Usability site review?

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5440 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

There are many types of website reviews and audits that test and review the user experience, user interface, usability, accessibility, information architecture, conversions, etc.

They all vary in scope and methodology....  

I'll be honest and say that I don't know what some of this stuff is.   So, I would be hard to sell and would need education first.  I think that a lot of people are not looking for these services because they don't know what they would be buying.

And, this is probably a really hard time to sell these services because a lot of people are really busy and broke and shot mentally because their income is down and they are spending a big pile of money, trying to chase penguins or pandas or pigeons away - and they don't know if their efforts there are going to work well enough that they will have a site this time next year. 

Another problem is that I would be worried that the news I will get back from any audit will be to do  lot of work that is beyond my budget and abilities.

How much would you be willing to pay?

That's a really hard question because I don't have a frame of reference.  I paid SiteTuners a few thousand a couple years ago to improve some sales pages and thought that I got good money's worth.   Based upon that,  I don't think that the cost of the analysis scares me half as much as the cost of implementing the recommendations.  And, I might need technical help getting that work done. 

So, because this is untested ground for me, I wonder if I could get a "low hanging fruit" analysis from someone who knows a bit about my site, my employees and the nature of my business.... because any recommendation that I get might not fly on one of those fronts. 

The reason I say... "low hanging fruit" is that I think that a person who knows about about these types of assessments would take one look at my site and scream OMG!! and have a big list of stuff that needs fixed right away. 

#3 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2544 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

I charge 800 quid.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5440 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:38 AM

800 quid?    I think that's about $1300 US?

That's a lot lower than I would have expected to pay.   I paid a lot more than that for some conversion optimization suggestions, and that was without A/B testing done by them.

What would a person get for 800 quid?

#5 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2544 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:02 AM

They'd get enough to know where things were going wrong, what they could do to change the situation and how to measure it effectively :)

RSS Feed

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversions, usability, persuasive design, site reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users