Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Hacking & Optimizing Myself In 2015: How To Work More Efficiently As An It Professional

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2693 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:41 AM

I've decided to start this year by optimizing myself!

I am tired and have had enough of clicking and deleting stuff like some kind of robot and am looking to spend less time overall on non-productive stuff.

My new years resolution: I will stop and question any action that does not actually produce something concrete and scour the web to seek out a technological solution to take care of it. I don't know how big this list will be, but I intend to make it happen.

1. Define the save paths Explorer & Places Bar (god this has already had benefits!)

http://www.howtogeek...box-in-windows/

2. Consolidating & Securing email across all my devices and not worrying about Googlesque email spying

http://products.offi...lendar-services

3. Removing myself from mailing lists or setting up mail rules to automatically move and set items to having been read or just delete them immediately

That's it so far.

speedyG.

#2 JennyM

JennyM

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

Bring on some more! I need to up my SEO game this year, find some good tools for organisation and that

#3 tam

tam

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2088 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

I've been working on automating something too, things like setting up templates where I'm sending out very similar emails manually so I can just edit a few words rather than typing from scratch.

#4 JennyM

JennyM

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

This programme is really good for that, tam: http://chase-up.com/

You need to apply to use but it's free, it allows you to set up email templates for various occasions and helps with custom address books, it also reminds you to send emails if you haven't heard from someone in a while (hence chase up, I guess) which is really handy if you send a lot of emails and sometimes forget that you haven't heard anything back!

#5 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13722 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

I finally gave in and have been using Evernote to help me with the gobs of information I gather.  

One odd thing I'm doing differently is NOT using any financial or bookkeeping software for record keeping and tax time help.  I've tried so many programs over the years and each one is complicated to use or have more bells and whistles than I need or want.  While living with my in-laws last winter, while waiting for our house to be built, I watched my mother in law hand record their business into ledgers and picked up on her organization.  

They have two offices in two states, a pile of rental properties as tax writeoffs with tenants, and she is the person who handles all the bookkeeping but thankfully, hands it over to their tax person at tax time.  Her desk was efficient and her routine was unchanged, even down to getting their mail.  Sure, she had computers and a massive printer I loved, but every transaction was recorded by hand and categorized as she went.

She also made pasta nearly every night,  :infinite-banana:

As crazy as it sounds, I have enjoyed going non-tech for something.   :saywhat:

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users