2 replies to this topic

#1 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2828 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

Hi folks.

This came up on my social radar robots recently and it is quite an interesting read. I am a thesis.com customer so this is all news to me. Remember Thesis back in the day? That was a wordpress theme that had such huge commission for affiliates that pretty much everyone was using it. It did over time get caught with by Wordpress out the box core functionality but things like having CSS styles that would overwrite default values and remain in tact after theme updates were very good in their day.

Personally I always had a problem with having to learn another set of rules to layer on top of Wordpres to get it to work, but these were the early days of the web.

Glyn.

#2 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2537 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

I'm sure you were not surprised at the outcome of it all. WP are big business. :mellow:

Edited by bobbb, 20 July 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#3 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4862 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

Remember Thesis back in the day? That was a wordpress theme that had such huge commission for affiliates that pretty much everyone was using it.

Certainly 'everyone' seemed to be pushing it!

As a !WP webdev I paid little attention to Thesis itself but as a marketer I paid a great deal to several affiliates who were promoting it. Some incredible added value content - far better in both depth and breadth than provided by creator - that illustrated best practice ROI affiliate marketing in real time practice. And almost no one noticed or if they did perhaps it seemed too much like work.

Note: a lot of web platforms are run by nasty little self-centred hypocritical geeks who age without maturing.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users