5 replies to this topic

#1 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2851 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:52 AM

HI there.

Does anyone have a good free tool that will essentially rip a copy of a website for offline viewing? I have a website that I need to have a digital backup. This would be like someone going through the website manually and taking a copy of every page and image so they could view it offline.

Thanks

Glyn

#2 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2851 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 AM

Found HTTrack.

#3 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4893 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:04 AM

If you insist on asking questions in the middle of my night it's a good thing you can also answer them :D

#4 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2591 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:02 AM

I need to have a digital backup

From what I read in the docs it would not be a digital backup per se. But it will allow you to view all offline.... If that is all that is required.

By default, HTTrack tries to know the type of remote files. This is useful when links like  www.someweb.com/foo.cgi?id=1 can be either HTML pages, images or anything else. Locally, foo.cgi will not be recognized as an html page, or as an image, by your browser. HTTrack has to rename the file as foo.html or foo.gif so that it can be viewed .

Edited by bobbb, Yesterday, 10:04 AM.

#5 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2851 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Y. I just need the content :)

#6 jonbey

jonbey

Eyes Like Hawk Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4606 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:15 PM

what sort of website is it? If a CMS that has a cache plugin / module to create static html pages, run the cache, download the cache directory, Bob's your uncle.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users