• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

This thought has been on my mind the last week or so as I continue to put all my ducks in order for my re-entry into sales again.

The actual product video is important, but what I have now is hidden below the fold. But there are advantages of it being there. It ties in with a "what to expect" video that talks about samples; how they're put together, size etc. And just below that a CTA (contact us for samples)

As I put the actual product video above the fold, two things happen. There's a "disconnection" of the sample video and the CTA and the pricing gets pushed below the fold. I know there have been reports that the fold isn't as important as it used to be...but.

Opinions? Should I just stick with what I had?

Attached Thumbnails

• video-below-fold.png
  • video-on-top.png
  • video-contact-below-fold.png

#2 tam

tam

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2268 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:36 PM

Best option would be A/B testing - you show half your visitors the page laid out in each way and see what works best. With the criteria for 'best' being whatever factor you think is important - watching the video, reading the full page, clicking a buy button.

Probably you're worrying about something that won't make a massive difference, so put the video in the place that makes most sense. If people are interesting they are going to scroll. I think the current layout looks more balanced, otherwise the photo and video are fighting each other.

If you are worried they won't scroll - you could include a link or thumb higher up that jumps them down the page to the video. Looking at the page, what might work nicely is a version of Amazons 'look inside' graphic that hangs on the top edge of book covers on book product pages e.g. http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0954350022/something like 'see a video'. You could pop it on or above the product photo in the left col.

It's a small graphic (don't be tempted to make it bigger) so wouldn't disrupt your current layout but is another root to getting them to view the video further down.

#3 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3027 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:24 AM

Run this through instapage or unbounce.

#4 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:35 AM

otherwise the photo and video are fighting each other.

I thought the same.

So how are the rabbit books doing?

#5 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3027 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

I took landing page from 2% to 40% with mv testing :)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users