• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

Anybody use it? Seems to be recommended by many familiar names and companies unless it's just fluff.

http://keywordtool.io/pro

#2 MarketingCy

MarketingCy

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

It's good and accurate but i am using different tools like adwords keyword planner, semrush and alexa(paid version).

#3 seosmarty

seosmarty

Dream Catcher

• Site Administrators
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

It's a nice tool to play with. I've listed similar tools here too: http://www.internetm...ch-suggestions/

#4 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

Thanks folks. Pay per click stuff is all new to me. A call into a BingAds "coach" says I'm focusing on too many keyword variations. Whether or not he knows what he's talking about remains to be seen.

Remember I'm a newbie :)

#5 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1915 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

Keyword variations are good. I usually start with a hundred or so an rotate a bunch of adverts. A week or so will identify the ones that bring in the paying customers.

A PPC expert I know never begin a campaign with less than 500 keyword and keyword variations

Don't limit yourself, go big and wide and scoop up all the long tail searches.

Don't listen to the bing man.

#6 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

Guess I have to do something different. Adwords says I have a quality score of 3/10 and Bing 10/10

Need to find a good video on this subject.

#7 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1915 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

Your quality score combines the keywords, advert and landing page. If all three align your quality score will improve

This is what Google says: https://support.goog...454010?hl=en-GB

How many adverts are you running? How many variations of those adverts are there? How many different landing pages are you testing?

#8 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

If all three align your quality score will improve

Yup, saw that article. Video is private even after logging in.

How many? Just one

Variations? Only one for now, but I'm showing good numbers at unbounce. 56% conversion.. it's not a form or lead CTA. Not many clicks yet (30) but it does appear I'm keeping few interested. That is probably due with what I was targeting until I changed it today from broad match. The page they are landing on after the ubounce landing may not be set for optimum performance either.

Ads only run in the evening or weekends. I feel it's important as it's more of a husband wife journey. Big ticket item for homeowners.

Now about 100 exact keyword phrases.. It's a narrow focus. Time, test, test  and practice will help.

Landing pages? 1 with unbounce

Quality score now 6/10

Edited by Ken Fisher, 08 February 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#9 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

Finally found the "search terms" used in Adwords. Too many tabs

OMG, Talk about throwing away money...only $50..lesson learned.

I guess when it says the keyword doesn't trigger any ads it's probably due they aren't active at that hour.

Have to visit Bing and see what I donated there... :rolleyes:

#10 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1915 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:43 AM

Or nobody is searching for those keywords right now. So leave it for a week and see what happens. No clicks means no cost so they aren't hurting. After a week filter out the keywords that do nothing.

Don't forget long tail search. Exact matches can be very lucrative: 'cream 500 count linen sheets' is highly targeted and as long as they land on the cream 500 count linen sheet sales page you will convert.

#11 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:08 AM

Or nobody is searching for those keywords right now

Nope, I had the entire campaign paused. I saw all the keywords were enabled but ignored the campaign settings. Too many tabs and buttons. I'll figger it all out.

Exact matches can be very lucrative

I agree with you there. Once I get going with something that intrigues me I don't stop. I'm expecting Adwords to draw quality traffic. As far as organic quality it isn't there as a lot of this direction is new on the site or less than three months old. I have no problem with Bing/Yahoo, yet the Gorg doesn't show any of the newer more important pages and one is entirely unique. 

Here's the strange part. If you've followed me this long...good

This is what most people would search with for this product.. Going up to 10 pages I'm a no show

https://www.google.c...floors&start=90

But using a slightly different variation. I have two pages in the first three spots (Uptown Floors) and a video at the top. Unfortunately people will not use 34 but only 3/4. Very odd.

https://www.google.c...gineered floors

If anyone has any insight on what's going on I'd love to hear it.

#12 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

Just curious about exact match and keyword bidding.

What if no one else is doing it with the some of keyword phrases I'm using.

In particular USA made...that's not the entire exact phrase but the gorillas like Home Depot, Lowes, Build Direct, Lumber Liquidator  and others in my industry really can't claim that and I don't think they would key match it. They're the ones that pay the bucks in my industry. I'm at $ 3.00 max bid. Guess I'll have to wait it out and see some positions for the exact KW phrases considering I changed everything and today is the first day they're running.

I'll keep some updates if anyone is interested.

Fis:

I decided to run the ads from 10AM to midnight just today so I can see some numbers, compared to the evening I mentioned yesterday.

#13 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1915 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

Cool.

The thing about long tail keywords is each one only gets a tiny number of hits. But run a thousand of them and you suddenly end up with some good numbers.  This is how you beat target at their own game.

Consider using part numbers as well. People search for these when their old one dies.

#14 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

Sorry, no part # This is a custom made product line, created entirely by myself, or at least the colors. Crap, I forgot using the word custom and other variations. I'll have to get it on the landing page.

I think I have a good start. It's just a matter of analyzing. I realize I may see a low number of actual impressions. Some of my keyword phrases aren't eligible according to their "low search volume"

I just tried keyword planner. I don't believe the numbers, way too low. Why? I have screen shots going back to 2008 when I got a ton of organic traffic for some terms. That was a period when this business was in the dumps too. Now it's re-surging, so why are the numbers low? I know, it's the Gorg :lol:

I'm always looking at all sides. I'm a stats junkie.

But if you run too many kwd's your quality score goes down for that term, if they're not on the landing page. Correct?

KW planner and using my landing page url sucks. Nothing jives, unrelated to my specifics. 

Thanks! Appreciate all of your thoughts :)  :)

#15 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 724 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 AM

Well...not much activity Fis. 38 impressions Tuesday (2 clicks), 18 yesterday (no clicks) and yet the Gorg shows me "this campaign may be loosing clicks due to a limited budget" :lol:

Crap, give me some clicks and maybe I'll increase it.

I've been giving this advertising a lot of thought and I thinks it's time to try print as well. Particularly a popular magazine that deals with higher end home building. Time to spread things around anyway and not just rely on the web. Pricey? Kinda, but I think the return would be very good, and it's targeted well.

I even started a FB campaign...very small, just to see what happens. I especially like their targeting to income groups, professions and the like.

RSS Feed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users