Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Best Content Management Sotware For Wordpress?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jged

Jged

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hi guys,

Can anyone please let me know if they have used Live build Elementor sottware to build a new wordpress website with and what it is like for the client to use? I first and foremost need software that is user friendly for the client to update text and images.

Any help appreciated

#2 wiser3

wiser3

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

rofl...  oooh, lol, i can't stop laughing.

Although WordPress started out as blogging software it now claims to be a content management system. If it really is a content management system why are so many people using things like Visual Composer or Elementor Pro to manage the content?

I've never liked WP and this trend is proving my point.

#3 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

We had a new site built with elementor.  Its pretty easy to use, but study it to get it down pat.

The value in this for website owners who don't code is that it is easy.  I code, but I've let my coding skills go down hill.  On top of that  I have the worst sense of design.  Ultimately I realized I preferred the business side of business rather than the developing side of web sites.  With that in mind, I've ignored those skills and prefer having sites developed with WP.  It allows me and others to make necessary quick updates as required. 

WP  is not the end all to content management, but for smaller sites it does the trick and allows for changes on the business end.

#4 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

rofl...  oooh, lol, i can't stop laughing.
If it really is a content management system why are so many people using things like Visual Composer or Elementor Pro to manage the content?

Ditto :)

WP, Drupal et al were misnamed from the marketing get go. They were never content management but rather content publishing systems. Content management is something quite different and most that is out there is proprietary or enterprise with a whole lot of baggage and a price tag to match.

It is amusing, though, that there is now a whole industry around making WP easier aka simpler to use when that has always been it's main claim to fame.

Snark aside, if earlpearl says something is good I'd take it on faith; if he says it is best given some study (as with all software) for best benefit I'd agree. :)

Not that I'd ever admit such where he might overhear.

#5 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Ditto :)

WP, Drupal et al were misnamed from the marketing get go. They were never content management but rather content publishing systems. Content management is something quite different and most that is out there is proprietary or enterprise with a whole lot of baggage and a price tag to match.

It is amusing, though, that there is now a whole industry around making WP easier aka simpler to use when that has always been it's main claim to fame.

Snark aside, if earlpearl says something is good I'd take it on faith; if he says it is best given some study (as with all software) for best benefit I'd agree. :)

Not that I'd ever admit such where he might overhear.

We run websites that complement our b&m businesses.  They are all services.  The services are involved and time consuming.  95% and more of what we do with consumers is direct involvement with the consumers and potential buyers.  (you have to see it, touch it, feel it, etc) to determine if you feel its worthwhile to purchase.

That being said our sites are there to bring the customers in and get them involved with us.  Its not complicated.  The interactions with potential and existing customers can be complicated.

All that being said, I've moved my time to the business side.  The websites are complementary.  Consequently I want something that is quicker and easier to work with. 

Hence WP. 

Also I can have 6 or 7 updates to make per week.  They are updates, not overwhelming changes. 

Hence WP

WP is goofy for a website.  Its set up for a blog...not a website.  Consequently it works "better" with all these themes and widgets etc etc etc.  Elementor is pretty much plug and play.  It already has shown me limits that if I was coding I could work around.   So what.  Those are all relatively tiny compared to the big picture of the smb's working.

So I like it.  It also means my coding and technical skills and knowledge have eroded.  The other day I added content and "nothing happened".  I spoke with our developer who referenced a simple point, and I reacted saying something like...."oh cripes...I feel like its 2003/04 again and I'm in learning mode".   ( a little saltier language).  The developer was correct.  My knowledge and skills have eroded.

That is okay.  WP and elementor make it easy to get the sites up and visible. 

I'm still current on link building...but maybe not that current.  Way back, after the easy stuff I viewed link building as something related to "relationships".  a term and act with which I was very familiar with from business.  That part still applies.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users