• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 14695 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:22 AM

In case you missed it, Bill wrote this for GoFish.

Google's High Quality Sites Patent

This patent is interesting because it provides a glimpse behind the Panda Update to give us an idea of what was happening to searchers instead of site owners, when they performed searches, and didn’t end up on the content farm sites that the Panda Update was supposed to divert them from. As the patent says, it “focuses upon improving search results by replacing low quality web sites with sites that have been identified as high-quality sites.”

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6331 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

Thanks!  Great article.  Congratulations to Bill.

The article gives me a much better understanding of Panda and what Google wanted to accomplish with it.

#3 Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Light Speed Member

• 500 Posts Club
  • 791 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

"wanted to accomplish with it."

Yea. LOL...wanted.

High quality. It's more like high demand sites or household brands in my industry...what people talk about the most which creates links as well. Oh well I have about 60% traffic (I should feel lucky) of what I had pre-Panda. Most of the good traffic or head term queries only goes to the big brands.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6331 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

what people talk about the most

I think Google has the ability to detect and measure this.  I think it is very important.  Google promotes what people are asking for by name in the search box and address window.  If you can get people to do that it will be killer... but you gotta to it better and at scale to beat the big brands.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users