• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 5359 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

I just ran the gamut of various SEO types I know know their stuff who have listed (1) predictions and (2) tools for the coming year. Bland is the best I can say.

Apparently the absolute 'best' tool available by popular repetition, hands down: Google Analytics. I can see that as a recommendation for do-it-yourselfers but for actual professionals? You have to be kidding.

And the most common prediction: Knowledge Boxes are going to proliferate. Sheesh.

Apparently either there is nothing worth predicting or everyone is holding their cards close.

A couple said that they expected SEOs to start jumping on the machine learning (ya, mostly said AI) but didn't expect it to end well. :) If they are correct there may be some comedy of errors coming so I'd best stock up on popcorn.

One point that I got quite widely from enterprise SEO chat (not the usual conference suspects) was that most (in the dozens) wanted to get out of AMP but their managers said to wait until their competitors had switched/joined. In the meantime to spread rainbows and unicorns to encourage that. Oops. So there might be an exodus of major players by this time next year.
As to why: the lock in of traffic to Google. It is so bad some have seen their sites traffic drop over a million uniques a month. And revenue by hundreds of thousands of dollars a month. Their hate of AMP is curdling.

Oh, and Chrome 56 allows apps (and web sites who have a clue) to ID and even trigger Bluetooth units within browser range; Web Bluetooth API is enabled by default. Now that is one hard x-device fingerprint exercise and hack/crack opportunity. Been playing with it for a week now. F-U-N! :)

#2 Grumpus

Grumpus

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6587 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:42 AM

A couple said that they expected SEOs to start jumping on the machine learning (ya, mostly said AI) but didn't expect it to end well. :) If they are correct there may be some comedy of errors coming so I'd best stock up on popcorn.

Yep. The SEO industry seems to always jump onto new things by looking at it from the wrong perspective.

What can you possibly "jump onto" in regards to "machine learning"? It's silly. What people need to jump onto is an understanding of what the machine is trying to learn to do - and then figure out how to help teach the machines where it benefits you.

#3 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3265 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

From what I read in this and the two articles by Cindy Krum in this thread:
https://www.cre8asit...-by-cindy-krum/

it seems Google changed its mind so often (how many times I did not count) on its targets or objectives or whatever that those who religiously followed their every word and whim and adjusted accordingly would have spent a lot of their time spinning their wheels. "Their hate of AMP is curdling"

"Oh, and Chrome 56 allows apps (and web sites who have a clue) to ID and even trigger Bluetooth units within browser range; Web Bluetooth API is enabled by default. Now that is one hard x-device fingerprint exercise and hack/crack opportunity"

So what are you saying? Keep away from Chrome.

#4 glyn

glyn

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3188 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

Chrome is good only if you dont know what Big Data is.

#5 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3265 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

Yes understood, I don't use it.  It was a kind of rhetorical question to un-parabolise what was written into plain English.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users