• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 14673 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Longtime pioneer and brilliant mentor, Ammon Johns, has finally reached out for help and the industry is responding.

As many of you know, Ammon helped me launch these forums when I took them from a small club to full blown forums. He and Bill Slawski, and Jill Whalen, believed in me all those years ago and made these forums popular in the early 2000's. Ammon and I met in the mid-1990's while helping people learn SEO in chat rooms and email lists. He is the reason hundreds of thousands of people learned SEO and how to do it authentically.

His health has created situation some you can likely relate to who work from home.  He is seeking work opportunities that don't require a commute, and he needs medical care, and it sounds like a place to live.  In other words, he is facing dark times and has had the courage to share he is in need of friends.

If you can help, a GoFundMe was set up for him.

Thank you for any kindness.

#2 bobbb

bobbb

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3313 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

No PayPal!

#3 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 14673 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

Yeah...I wasn't happy about that either.  I checked up on this and the response is in the image. In 10 hours the goal was nearly reached and shortly after, exceeded the $5000 and is still going.  I'm sure he needs more than money and that there other ways to help.

pp.png

#4 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 14673 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

The SEO community really rallied to help him.  He's hanging in there. Rather than bother everyone, there is a private FB group where he talks to everyone and they are offering all manner of support for health, work, possible relocation.  For many people, Ammon helped them with their careers, so they are repaying the favor. If you are Facebook "friends" with me and want to be invited to the private group, let me know. He's open to that. His feeling is that he doesn't want to be a "burden".

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users